Page 1698 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 698119815981648168816961697169816991700170817481798 ... LastLast
Results 42,426 to 42,450 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Sven: Crying Enthusiast.
    Yes.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Not a judgment, bee-tee-dub. Ain't nothing wrong with a good cry.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Crying's great. Do it frequently.

[
    ]

The world's a sad place, if you're not crying, you're kind of an asshole.* Also, that's what I told the people around me. I'm what you might call an aggressive crier.

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Are you guys crying because of women or less specific malaise?
    Top Five Reasons I Cry
    1) Syria
    2) The wonderful homeless men, women and children I work with in NYC.
    3) Spilt milk
    4) North Korea
    5) Stories my dad told me about fighting in Vietnam.

Also, like 20% of the time when I read the Bible or pray, but does that count?

*except, not really.
    Stuff I've Watched out of *****

The Last Duel - ***
    Only Murders in the Building: **
    Squid Games: **.5

I slept in my bed eight times last month I just realized.

So happy to be in Colorado for a while.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

My roommate says I'm hard to read by expression or body language. She said I just announce my emotions out loud: "I'm angry." "I had a bad day." "I want to be alone."

She also said I don't laugh at jokes. I smile and say "hm," or I say "That's funny."

I am not sure of the veracity of these observations. I'm all self-conscious about my emotional expression now.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    My roommate says I'm hard to read by expression or body language. She said I just announce my emotions out loud: "I'm angry." "I had a bad day." "I want to be alone."

She also said I don't laugh at jokes. I smile and say "hm," or I say "That's funny."

I am not sure of the veracity of these observations. I'm all self-conscious about my emotional expression now.
    Curious: do you find the jokes actually funny or deserving recognition for being vaguely witty or humorous? I make folks feel bad incidentally when I laugh out loud to movies and not in most personal interactions. Unfortunately, people aren't that funny on first blush. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Stuff I've Watched out of *****

The Last Duel - ***
    Only Murders in the Building: **
    Squid Games: **.5

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    So it looks like Rotten Tomatoes just deleted user blogs. There goes years of lists and ratings. Oh well.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Quote Quoting quido8_5 (view post)
    Curious: do you find the jokes actually funny or deserving recognition for being vaguely witty or humorous? I make folks feel bad incidentally when I laugh out loud to movies and not in most personal interactions. Unfortunately, people aren't that funny on first blush. I wouldn't worry about it.
    I suspect I might just not think she's very funny. But it might also be that the last couple of months she has lived with me I have been in a grim emotional place.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I am having A MORNING, by the way. My nightmare car scenario is to break down in the harbor tunnel (about 1/2 mile long, two lanes, no shoulder, extremely heavy traffic, and it literally runs underneath the harbor.) There's no way out. There's nowhere to step out of a car safely. And having a tow truck come into the tunnel will tie up traffic for hours.

And this morning it pretty much happened! The second I hit the tunnel my car stopped responding to the gas pedal. I was going about 40 mph and wondered if I could coast out, but the tunnel goes down and then back up again (swooping under the harbor then back to sea level) and as it started climbing my car was really struggling. I put on my hazards and kept trying to go because I needed to get out of the damn tunnel. I called the transportation emergency line and they were like "Nooooo not the tunnel; can you get out of the tunnel?"

Somehow I managed to get out and (at about two miles per hour) I limped over to the shoulder and sat there shaking. A MTA tow truck came over and poked around my engine and figured out that something has broken (shocker: I have 190K miles on this thing) and the water/coolant is not circulating in the engine at all so it's boiling off and overheating my engine. He said he could tow me or I could let the engine cool off and try to get to my mechanics (about 3 miles) as long as I pulled off when the temperature gauge spiked. He filled me up with water and poured it over the engine to try and cool it. I was already worried about how much this would cost, so I decided to try and drive it.

Big. Effing. Mistake.

Do you know how long an engine can run without coolant? About three minutes, that's how long. I got off the freeway immediately and then pulled off and used my sweatshirt to release the cooling gasket thing, which belched steam and heat in a very dramatic way. My mechanic was about 3 miles away and it took me over an hour to get there. Something as simple as a red light or getting stuck behind a bus would put me in the danger zone and I'd have to pull off again.

I haven't heard from my mechanic yet, but I'm guessing this is going to be $$$$.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I cry all the time. I'm a Vikings fan.
    Could be worse. /brownsfan

Also my sweatshirt is ruined.

(I get that this was a minor inconvenience, but this was a very comfortable sweatshirt.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Lately I've been thinking that if I compile select Mara posts from this thread and sell it as a humor book, I would probably make good money.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's funny, because I can't seem to make money at anything!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAhahaha... heh. Hmm.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I've had the same thought. Write a memoir Mara.

I have that job interview tomorrow that I've been waiting for.

My car is fixed and it didn't bankrupt me.

My sweatshirt is soaking with dish soap to try and get the engine grease off.

Everything is tentatively okay.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    My car is fixed and it didn't bankrupt me.
    Just a busted hose I bet?

That's happened to me a few times.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Just a busted hose I bet?

That's happened to me a few times.
    Yes, the hose busted rather spectacularly, and took out the thermostat. They both had to be replaced and the level of overheating led to air pockets in the engine that had to be flushed out. We're hoping that there's no damage to the engine from overheating, but if there is, my car is a loss. It ran fine last night and this morning, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Engines are pretty robust when it comes to that. Unless you were absolutely hammering it getting through the tunnel, it should be fine.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Would love Mara's and MC's thoughts on this.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Would love Mara's and MC's thoughts on this.
    Obviously, that's silly.

I've read interviews with the woman in the photograph in which it certainly sounds like she wasn't happy about being grabbed and kissed by a stranger, but that's not the issue here. It's a piece of artwork, and art doesn't have an obligation to stick to non-confrontational subjects.
    ...and the milk's in me.

These are the kinds of things that provoked my comments a few weeks ago. Not to reopen that case again, but these are the kinds of things I was thinking about.

I'll try to keep my thoughts on the subject rational. The soldier should be forced to register as a sex offender and be thrown in prison for the rest of his miserable life, and the handful of onlookers who stood by, watching this terrible offense should all be tried as accomplices, and if found guilty should be thrown in prison for a minimum of ten years.

Also, the victory status of the Allies over the Axis should revoked, Hitler's oldest living ancestor should be awarded control of Germany and Japan, and French Fries should permanently be called German Fries.

I'm ambivalent about the statue, but that photo has always made me uncomfortable. I don't think you need to be a feminist to think it's fucking crazy to grab a random person on the street and kiss them because you're in a festive mood.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm ambivalent about the statue, but that photo has always made me uncomfortable. I don't think you need to be a feminist to think it's fucking crazy to grab a random person on the street and kiss them because you're in a festive mood.
    Out of context maybe. I dont think anyone in our generation could understand what it felt like to have the biggest war the world had ever seen end...