Page 1676 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 676117615761626166616741675167616771678168617261776 ... LastLast
Results 41,876 to 41,900 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    God. Why do you all stink?
    My guess is, if there is a God, he's probably asking that question constantly about us.
    Stuff I've Watched out of *****

The Last Duel - ***
    Only Murders in the Building: **
    Squid Games: **.5

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    This is actually the unit I'm getting, made by the guy I'm getting it from.

Hey, I know that band. Seen them several times. Awesome.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    If god doesn't exist, then why are there atheists to not believe in him?
    Ow, my brains.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Moving sucks. This is just the worst.
    Dude, I helped friends move this week. I showed up Monday, assuming everything would be in boxes. Nope. They had not packed a single thing. "We're only moving a few blocks." After three days of that, I don't care to ever move anything again.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Dude, I helped friends move this week. I showed up Monday, assuming everything would be in boxes. Nope. They had not packed a single thing. "We're only moving a few blocks." After three days of that, I don't care to ever move anything again.
    I need more info here. Did they not pack... ever? Just shove things in a car and take them over? Because that's nuts.

If they invited you over to help pack they should have specified. I have helped friends pack; I have even helped clean houses. But you should be clear what you are asking and also provide an organized means to get through the task. If you're packing, things should be organized and boxes available. If moving, boxes should be packed and ready. If cleaning, there should be a clear plan and cleaners/instruments available. That's the job of the movee.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ohhhhhh no. I dont help anyone move if they arent packed. No way. Did that once, never again.

Today I am seeing a 20 year old dream come true. I'll be heading to Portland to pick up this:
    Skim reading, I thought that you were picking up a 20-year-old from Portland, and this was a dream come true for you.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Ohhhhhh no. I dont help anyone move if they arent packed. No way. Did that once, never again.
    I can't imagine asking others to help me pack. There's some shit they don't need to know about me. And I can't have them judge me on how dirty my desk drawers are, etc.

I hate packing, but that shit is my job.

Unpacking is fun, though.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I need more info here. Did they not pack... ever? Just shove things in a car and take them over? Because that's nuts.

If they invited you over to help pack they should have specified. I have helped friends pack; I have even helped clean houses. But you should be clear what you are asking and also provide an organized means to get through the task. If you're packing, things should be organized and boxes available. If moving, boxes should be packed and ready. If cleaning, there should be a clear plan and cleaners/instruments available. That's the job of the movee.
    We ended up packing as we went. It was frustrating. There were boxes, but nothing had been moved from its original spot when I got there.

Yeah, they are really good friends. So I had to fight the temptation to immediately say "fuck this," and pull one of these:

Next time if they ask me to move, I WILL ask, "are you going to pack this time?"

Getting up at 4am to get on a plane = sucks.

Leaving to spend a week in NYC = doesn't suck.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Yeah, they are really good friends. So I had to fight the temptation to immediately say "fuck this,"
    After the one time I moved friends who didn't pack, I made it a rule to be very clear when people ask me to help. I say, "You must pack, and I don't mean starting when I get there. Start now. If I show up and you haven't started, I will leave."

I know it sounds kinda dickish, but damn, its just so rude to expect volunteer help to pack as well.

Then this other time, I went to help a buddy move from a few hours away. He packed everything in office boxes. This kept the weight down on each item, and was easily stack-able and transportable. I've moved myself twice since then, and I always do the same method. Sure, its a lot of boxes, but its makes moving infinitely more bearable.

God's on Twitter. And he really knows how to use it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

After the one time I moved friends who didn't pack, I made it a rule to be very clear when people ask me to help. I say, "You must pack, and I don't mean starting when I get there. Start now. If I show up and you haven't started, I will leave."

I know it sounds kinda dickish, but damn, its just so rude to expect volunteer help to pack as well.
    Yeah, I don't think it was naive of me to expect everything to be in boxes and ready to go when I showed up.

1. Make rooibos almond tea
    2. Chill until cold
    3. Add sugar until just barely sweet
    4. Mix with copious milk-- about 2/3 tea to 1/3 milk
    5. Drink by the gallon for the duration of summer
    ...and the milk's in me.

I'm so sick of people cancelling plans on me. I have been cancelled on by three different people for plans I had scheduled for this upcoming week. I feel like you can't know someone's going to show up for something anymore unless you talk to them 15 minutes before it's going to happen.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (NoƩ, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Considering how many jobs I've had in my life where people feel compelled to scream at me, you'd think I'd get used to it. But when people yell at me, and swear at me, and accuse me of things, I carry it around for hours.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yesterday: I have a liquor store near me that delivers? AWESOME!!
    Today: (*groan*) ... I have ... a liquor store ... near me ... that ... (*grumble*) ... delivers ...

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Yesterday: I have a liquor store near me that delivers? AWESOME!!
    Today: (*groan*) ... I have ... a liquor store ... near me ... that ... (*grumble*) ... delivers ...
    The Precision Innebriators at South Lyndale Liquors, I presume?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I'm so sick of people cancelling plans on me. I have been cancelled on by three different people for plans I had scheduled for this upcoming week. I feel like you can't know someone's going to show up for something anymore unless you talk to them 15 minutes before it's going to happen.
    I had a friend once tell me to "pencil him in for maybe."

I quit inviting him over.

I give people 3 chances to flake on hanging out. After the 3rd, I stop initiating invites with that person.

Since switching from Comcast to Frontier, I've nearly doubled my internet speed and cut my bill in half.

Which Team Member Of Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft (Jacksonville Branch) Are You?

http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/which-...cksonville-557

I've noticed a lot of peculiar behavior in NYC, but the strangest is that people will pick their nose in public, in a crowd. I'm not talking about a simple, quick knuckle wipe. I mean digging for gold. Sometimes after failing to excavate the first time, I've seen them go back in.

Sure, the odds of anyone they know seeing them are practically nil in this big of a city, so it's basically like someone picking their nose in the car. All of the above disgusts yet fascinates me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Since switching from Comcast to Frontier, I've nearly doubled my internet speed and cut my bill in half.
    Charter just doubled my speed, increased my HD channels and included Showtime in my existing package all for no extra cost. Is this to butter us up before the end of net neutrality makes us all hate them again?