Page 1493 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 493993139314431483149114921493149414951503154315931993 ... LastLast
Results 37,301 to 37,325 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    Wow, I actually watched the whole video that Duke linked up. Basically what I learned is that Russians really don't want to use the breaks even if it means crashing their cars. They would rather crash then apply the breaks. So many of those were preventable but instead of breaking they swerved to try and keep going fast and hit something.
    There were a couple spots where I thought the braking was impressive (the sheep, for instance), but they seem to drive like braking and slowing to turn are merely suggestions. It's crazy.

The three-day weekend was good for me. I came in to work to confront an incident that last week would have had me at least in tears, and at worst quitting... but I was able to take a deep breath and get to work on damage control instead.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Do you think the pilots of the mig and attack helicopter were drunk? those videos were amazing.
    Their military as a whole is absolutely nuts.

I mean... this:

Russia doesn't have the speed limits like USA (I'm guessing), so even if they hit the breaks, it's far too late.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Thirdmango, Ezee, I love you both. (EDIT: ETM, too.)

But.

BRAKES.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Hehe
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Fezzik, I meant to link this when you first announced you were having surgery. I'm sure you've read all about it, but I thought I'd link you to a cool blog entry by a fellow PA. Beware, actual pathology photos.

http://iheartautopsy.com/?paged=22
    I am glad I went back to the previous pages and caught this.

Thanks Lucky Yeah, this was actually the way I was going to go originally, but the surgeon says that in my case, the bypass will work better because, among other factors, one of my problems appears to be that my system generates a LOT of Ghrelin - a lot more than usual. It runs in my family.

Ghrelin is the hormone that controls hunger. I feel hungry sometimes even when I'm full, because my system continues to produce the hormone even after I've eaten. It's weird.

Gastric bypass will alleviate that because the stomach will be kind of out of commission. The sleeve would not counteract this as much. Granted, that wasn't the only factor (scar tissue in the stomach is another one), but its a big one.

I wanted the sleeve originally, but after looking at it, the bypass is the best choice (for me, anyway).

Good luck, Fez. My father in law got the bypass and he dropped weight so fast it was unreal. That's two years ago now, and it's hard to imagine him back when he was heavy. The only thing he really complained about was he had constant gas for a while, but that too subsided after a few months, to the relief of him (and anyone else downwind).
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

After watching the full Russian driving clip, I've determined that Russia is apparently live-action Grand Theft Auto.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Someone had some fun when someone insisted on getting a statement from a witness who was actually a police dog.

...and the milk's in me.

This is the Motherland. 4:16 a car gets struck by fucking lightning. The next clip is a Mig flying wicked low. Crazy
    The one at 12:04 is the worst attempt at insurance fraud I've ever seen.

Well my Yahoo e-mail account was hacked. Fucking spammers-they should all be shot. So now I'm spending the hours before work changing accounts and deleting e-mails. Hey Yahoo: your website sucks. Despite spreading around different websites to different accounts this still happened, too, which just goes to show you that assholes with too much time on their hands and no lives can still affect you anyways.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Well yeh Yahoo sucks. They outsource everything.

Time to switch to gmail with the rest of the world. I don't know the point in staying with yahoo or outlook/hotmail when Google does everything so much better and easier.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Well yeh Yahoo sucks. They outsource everything.

Time to switch to gmail with the rest of the world. I don't know the point in staying with yahoo or outlook/hotmail when Google does everything so much better and easier.
    I have gmail, I just didn't feel like using it as much as I am forced to now. I still am keeping the hotmail/outlook account, but I'm thinking of setting up another gmail account for other e-mails.

What makes me more sad is that the yahoo account that got hacked is the same one I used for 4 fantasy football championships. Damn.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Regarding the horse meat scandal in the UK: I'm all about transparency in food content, and I adamantly agree that we should know what we're eating.

However.

Isn't it a little weird that we're so fixated on it being horse instead of cow? I mean... it's still meat. Eating a horse and eating a cow are not dramatically different. It's not like it's a alien sea-beast that is being kept alive and harvested and that was a good episode of Torchwood, it's just a slightly different quadruped. You'd think people had found out they were eating babies, or that they were eating meat that was billed as vegetables, or that they were eating something forbidden by ethics or morality (like, a Jewish person being tricked into eating pork.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

The most adorable thing ever. Calvin and Hobbes in real places.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Regarding the horse meat scandal in the UK: I'm all about transparency in food content, and I adamantly agree that we should know what we're eating.

However.

Isn't it a little weird that we're so fixated on it being horse instead of cow? I mean... it's still meat. Eating a horse and eating a cow are not dramatically different. It's not like it's a alien sea-beast that is being kept alive and harvested and that was a good episode of Torchwood, it's just a slightly different quadruped. You'd think people had found out they were eating babies, or that they were eating meat that was billed as vegetables, or that they were eating something forbidden by ethics or morality (like, a Jewish person being tricked into eating pork.)
    The meat that people consider "acceptable" to eat have always been completely arbitrary.

For example: pigs are proven to be more personable than cats and are just as, if not more, intelligent than dogs. But try making cat or dog bacon and see if people are okay with it.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I enjoy anything that keeps me alive.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I have gmail, I just didn't feel like using it as much as I am forced to now. I still am keeping the hotmail/outlook account, but I'm thinking of setting up another gmail account for other e-mails.

What makes me more sad is that the yahoo account that got hacked is the same one I used for 4 fantasy football championships. Damn.
    I have 9 gmail accounts, all accessible through a single login as well as being able to reply from any of them.

But pigs aren't cute. I think it's the same for rabbit/deer. When ppl see deer meat someone will inevitably say "Aw, poor Bambi." Nobody wants to eat a cute little animal.

Mara, there are several issues with horse meat being used for human consumption, such as the possibility of contamination with drugs which are used to treat horses but can be carcinogenic to humans, certain diseases, as well as possible allergies.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Well my Yahoo e-mail account was hacked. Fucking spammers-they should all be shot. So now I'm spending the hours before work changing accounts and deleting e-mails. Hey Yahoo: your website sucks. Despite spreading around different websites to different accounts this still happened, too, which just goes to show you that assholes with too much time on their hands and no lives can still affect you anyways.
    How do you know your account was hacked? Are you sure you just weren't affected by their well known API "glitch". From what I understand, the API allows access without authentication - how it's exploited is this: You visit a website with malicious javascript that uses their API. You are already logged into yahoo in another tab. The API code sends a message to everyone in your address book. It only works if you are already logged in. Your password is still secure.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Mara, there are several issues with horse meat being used for human consumption, such as the possibility of contamination with drugs which are used to treat horses but can be carcinogenic to humans, certain diseases, as well as possible allergies.
    Ah. See, this I can totally understand as being a concern.
    ...and the milk's in me.

For the record, after spending some time with some pet pigs and finding them completely charming, affectionate, and intelligent, I still had no problem eating pork. Because I am a monster.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    But pigs aren't cute.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary