Page 1338 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 338838123812881328133613371338133913401348138814381838 ... LastLast
Results 33,426 to 33,450 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I do not eat at fast food, at least not at the chains or whatever. I'll go grab a taco from a taco truck or cart.

My only exception is El Pollo Loco, but that's so fresh and healthy I don't even think it counts. I worked there for like 3 years and I still eat there whenever I go to Cali.

Five Guys is the Pan.

You guys are making me hungry. I had soup for dinner. :|

Look at this fucking thing they built over Mecca. I hope they placed it so it never accidentally casts a shadow over the Cube.

Don't really get Five Guys. Just thought it was overpriced.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

What's that clock tower called? I wonder if that was controversial at all, seems like it would be.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Funny conversation that happened on Mother's Day.

I called my mom to see if she wanted to do something at around 11 on mother's day and she said she was just sitting down at a nearby restaurant with my grandma and they were going to be there a while and that I should stop by and hang out. I had just eaten lunch but told them I'd stop by and get a drink or something. The place they went to was called Midwestern Meats and I guess they are usually closed on sundays but for Mother's Day they were open but only had four different choices of lunch (prime rib, hamburger, steak, salmon). I get there and order a drink and tell my mom/grandma I had already eaten lunch.

Mom: Ok there is nothing for you to eat here anyway I don't think (I'm a vegetarian). You can get salmon but you don't like salmon.

Me: Salmon is meat.

Mom: Oh.

Waitress comes over: What can I get you?

Mom: He's just gonna have the drink. He doesn't eat meat.

Waitress: Well we have salmon.

I just laughed.

Grandma: He doesn't eat anything that had a face.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    What's not to get? Their burgers are like getting a blow job from Natalie Portman while watching the new Quentin Tarantino film in IMAX 70mm.

Chik-Fil-A is amazing. Their Spicy Chicken sandwich is the Pan in Chicken Sandwich form.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

I also like Dairy Queen's food. Their chicken strip basket is affordable and filling.
    Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Chik-Fil-A is amazing. Their Spicy Chicken sandwich is the Pan in Chicken Sandwich form.
    They finally added a Chik-Fil-A in LA (in Hollywood right down the street from the Arclight) and even with two drive-thru lanes, the lines are always out to the street. Shit is guuud and we haven't even gotten to the waffle fries.

Did you guys know Chik-Fil-A has a theme song? I was eating there the other day and all of a sudden this guy comes out with a guitar and starts singing a song about Chik-Fil-A. I think someone requested him. What a job he has.
    Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler) - ***
    The World's End (Edgar Wright) - ***

Quote Quoting Kiusagi (view post)
    Did you guys know Chik-Fil-A has a theme song? I was eating there the other day and all of a sudden this guy comes out with a guitar and starts singing a song about Chik-Fil-A. I think someone requested him. What a job he has.
    What? I only knew of the "Eat more Chikin" ads...never knew they had anything else. Now I may have to go inside next time I'm there.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    They finally added a Chik-Fil-A in LA (in Hollywood right down the street from the Arclight) and even with two drive-thru lanes, the lines are always out to the street. Shit is guuud and we haven't even gotten to the waffle fries.
    Yep. It's so good. Their sauces are amazing. They do not have a bad sauce.

Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

Just had Chick-fil-a last night. Nearest one to us right now is 40 minutes away, but it's totally worth it whenever we're in the area. And Wats is right; the Spicy Chicken Sandwich is amazing.

Five Guys, on the other hand, has tremendous fries, but I've never been impressed with their actual burgers.

Otherwise, I'd always take Thai, Indian, or Vietnamese over fast food. It'll be the thing I miss most when we inevitably move...
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Five Guys, on the other hand, has tremendous fries, but I've never been impressed with their actual burgers.
    This. Dip them in some mayonnaise...hmmmm. I also love the hot dog at Five Guys.

I've lived in the South for over twenty years, but I've never cared for Chick-Fil-A, save their breakfast items. Plus, there's the whole anti-gay issue. (A lot of my friends boycott the place.)

Speaking of Southern chains, anyone tried Cook-Out?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Five Guys is good, yes, but it's in a different class than typical "fast-food."
    Agreed. They actually cook their beef in the stores.

Apparently their fries (taste so good) are one of the most unhealthy things on the planet.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Hugh_Grant (view post)
    I've lived in the South for over twenty years, but I've never cared for Chick-Fil-A, save their breakfast items. Plus, there's the whole anti-gay issue. (A lot of my friends boycott the place.)
    Yeah, I refuse to eat there.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I just had a full-fledged argument with a customer who didn't understand why I refused to send workers to his house to remove vinyl flooring which we know for a fact was adhered to the subfloor with a glue that's high in asbestos content.

Like, how is this something I need to argue? No, I will not put workers' lives at risk. End of story.

"That's their job" was all he could come back at me with.

I said that no, that is not their job. They are flooring installers, and we will occasionally include removal of old flooring in a job (at an extra cost, of course), but we have the right to say "no" to any work we feel is unsafe.

The attitude that some people have towards retail workers is just unbelievable - they treat you like you're scum, whose sole purpose in life is to bend to their every command.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)

Couldn't agree more. One just opened right in front of my work.

I took Jen there once. We each had a burger and a soda, and we shared a large fry. It was $28. I saved the receipt in my wallet because it was so astonishing.

They were good, but I find it very hard to fathom a burger that's $28 for two good.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    That must be a location-specific problem then as I know their prices can vary based on location. My wife and I each get full-size burgers (two patties) and share a drink and french fries and it is about $18.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Man Canada can't catch a break. Even their burgers are overpriced.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

There's a new chain in the Twin Cities called Smash Burger which makes a damned good burger. Not fast food per se' - you order the burger, they take your name then bring it out to you in about five minutes - but a damned good greasy burger nonetheless.

And i love chipotle. If I want a shitload of vegies I'll just order a chicken salad, no beans no dairy and i can get filled up for under 500 calories.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Yeah, what? The 5 Guys near my office is like $5 for a burger with unlimited toppings.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary