Page 1315 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 315815121512651305131313141315131613171325136514151815 ... LastLast
Results 32,851 to 32,875 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Well you have;

1. launching buggy games that automatically get a 500MB patch on Day 1 or for every consecutive update
    2. absorbing smaller developers and destroying their IP like I mentioned (DICE, Westwood, Maxis, Bioware)
    3. expensive DLC
    4. And of course, that shitty shitty Mass Effect 3's ending

They're no Bank of America, but I still hate them.

Yeah, like I said, I understand the business-related complaints against the company.

But the first part of your post read like "EA is evil because they made 'Dead Space' and 'Spore', and I hated those games".
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    The only thing regarding EA that still doesn't sit well with me is that they're the only game developer that can release an NFL game. Other than that, eh.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Video game message boards and online arena chats: one of the most homophobic and mysoginistic places around. In some ways worse than in theocracies because gamers refuse to acknowledge it and plead humor as a defense of the culture.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Video game message boards and online arena chats: one of the most homophobic and mysoginistic places around. In some ways worse than in theocracies because gamers refuse to acknowledge it and plead humor as a defense of the culture.
    http://www.fatuglyorslutty.com/
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yeah, like I said, I understand the business-related complaints against the company.

But the first part of your post read like "EA is evil because they made 'Dead Space' and 'Spore', and I hated those games".
    Did you notice they were all sequels developed by the same parent company?

Spore wasn't, but it was a highly anticipated flop (not sales, just the final product... in other words, it didn't live up to the videos released before the final product).
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Don't forget racist.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

They are the ultimate white boy circle jerks. Insular, immature misanthropes who have lived in an echo chamber for so long that endlessly repeating the same tired "edgy" jokes gives them the opportunity to feel like rebels going against the grain from what those in the "outside world" believe is acceptable.

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    The only thing regarding EA that still doesn't sit well with me is that they're the only game developer that can release an NFL game. Other than that, eh.
    1/2 of that blame falls on the NFL.

applied to college today. and it's community college (i intend to knock out my first two years of core classes cheaply and then transfer somewhere else) so i'm automatically accepted. nervous/excited.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    applied to college today. and it's community college (i intend to knock out my first two years of core classes cheaply and then transfer somewhere else) so i'm automatically accepted. nervous/excited.
    Nice. What major? I'm in the last semester of my community college (though I took 3 years because I changed my major from film to English Lit. halfway through). I'm finally excited (and nervous) to start at a university in the fall.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Awesome. Good luck.

I'm going to stand up for, and vouch for the Gamers With Jobs community. In general, it is one of the most respectful and genuinely nicest forums/online communities that I am a part of. I think this has a lot to do with the users being a little older, and the podcast hosts not being annoying and overly immature jerks.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Nice. What major? I'm in the last semester of my community college (though I took 3 years because I changed my major from film to English Lit. halfway through). I'm finally excited (and nervous) to start at a university in the fall.
    undecided at the moment but i'm leaning towards english and/or journalism. possibly with a minor in art or film, when i get around to transferring. definitely want to do something in the realm of lit/film/art so we'll see. i'm hoping taking some classes will help me figure out exactly what i want to do.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Congrats! Best of luck to you. I'll be finishing my first degree in a year, and then either completing a second bachelors or beginning a masters course in the fall, depending on acceptance and such.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Congrats! Best of luck to you. I'll be finishing my first degree in a year, and then either completing a second bachelors or beginning a masters course in the fall, depending on acceptance and such.
    awesome. it doesn't seem like it was that long ago when you started back. maybe i've just been posting here too long.

I'm going to stand up for, and vouch for the Gamers With Jobs community. In general, it is one of the most respectful and genuinely nicest forums/online communities that I am a part of. I think this has a lot to do with the users being a little older, and the podcast hosts not being annoying and overly immature jerks.
    Well I have a job and I'm a gamer and I'm an asshole so there goes that theory. :lol:
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I can't say I disagree with EA on that note. I'm not a gamer so I don't hate EA. Also why is AIG evil? I'm guessing it has something to do with their hand in the meltdown of 2008 also, but I'm still curious. BP, Halliburton and the tobacco companies should be in the running for "Most Evil Companies of the Century" award.

PS: Great to hear, led. Getting a 2 year degree at a community college and then transferring to a four year school is what I did, and its a smart move.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Youtube is one of the worst offenders.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Good luck! Definitely one of the most anxious times of my life.

Nice, ledfloyd! Best of luck. I agree with Duke that it is an anxious time, but I remember that those first few weeks before class started were mega-exciting as well. So enjoy that feeling, it won't last.

Some friends and I are getting a group together to write old fashioned letters to one another. I'm really looking forward to this.

You hipster.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

You hipster.
    I know, right?

I know two families where every time I do something for one of the children (watching them for an afternoon, or giving a Christmas or birthday present, or anything) I get a polite hand-written thank-you note from the child in the mail three days later.

I find it charming.