Page 722 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127207217227237247327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 18,026 to 18,050 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Just picked up the God Of War saga, all 5 games. Goodbye life!

They really took the "Halo" music in a completely new direction.

Gone is the rousing orchestra, replaced by a constant, eerie ambient soundtrack loaded with what I can only describe as "sci fi sounds".

It's equally awesome, just completely different. Very fitting for the Promethean planet, which is so very, well, alien.

Also - revelation about the origin of the Prometheans.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    FYI, I think you're the only one here who has played Brotherhood. So no one is going to read the spoilers.

I have it sitting next to me. Still wrapped. Not sure when I will get to it unless you begin to highly praise it.
    I've played it through. I have no idea what the story is though. Didn't pay any attention.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Trailer is coming next week!!!!!!!!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Finished "Halo 4" and it was sublime. An incredible beginning to a new story, and we are finally given a singular enemy (rather than the Covenant as a whole). The Didact is menacing, and the backstory we are given through the magnificent animated cut-scenes unlocked through the hidden terminals is awesome, and broadens the Halo universe in huge and unexpected ways.

Discovering the secret origins of various species in the universe (won't mention names so as not to spoil ), was so very cool.

Have already begun a second play-through on Legendary and man-oh-man is it tough.

GTA V will be bigger than RDR, San Andreas and GTA IV put together. Players will be able to go to the beach, buy diving gear and explore the ocean.
    Cars will behave more race-like, will be more nimble. It will have three playable characters.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    GTA V will be bigger than RDR, San Andreas and GTA IV put together. Players will be able to go to the beach, buy diving gear and explore the ocean.
    Cars will behave more race-like, will be more nimble. It will have three playable characters.
    Scares me. Too much to do. I was annoyed enough I needed to take people out to eat all the time so they would like me.

But, it's GTA so I will dump 100 hours into it and it will be fun.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hmmm, I have not been much of a GTA fan, but I haven't played part 4. Any chance they've improved the controls when on foot and shooting? I could never hit anybody. The reason I ask is I could probably get part 4 for about $5 now...

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Hmmm, I have not been much of a GTA fan, but I haven't played part 4. Any chance they've improved the controls when on foot and shooting? I could never hit anybody. The reason I ask is I could probably get part 4 for about $5 now...
    On PC it's wicked easy

Steam keeps giving me copies of DOTA2. So if anyone here wants one, let me know.

Hey folks. I've already pimped this here and I feel reluctant to do so again but some friends of mine made a student game called Nitronic Rush and they're looking for support. Since the school we all went to doesn't allow us to sell our games or keep our IPs, they have a kickstarter going to make a spiritual sequel they're calling Distance. If you haven't played Nitronic Rush, you can get it here, http://nitronic-rush.com/ for free.

These guys won't waste the money. They are super dedicated. They released several updates for Rush after having already passed their game class and despite the fact that they were getting no money from the extra content. Two of the three guys are living in a two bedroom apartment with four other people just so they can do this. And trust me, they could be making a lot of mone at many of the studios around here.

So if you like arcade racers like Sanfransisco Rush or even if you just like supporting independent developers please donate to their campaigne, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n-arcade-racer.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    This guarantees that I will never play this game.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Assassin's Creed has been a buggy series from the beginning, but I have to say, although I think that AC3 is in nearly every way the best entry so far, it is also the buggiest. Lots of delayed reactions, character jolts, missions with unintentionally liquid parameters. It's not damning, but it is noticeable.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Assassin's Creed has been a buggy series from the beginning, but I have to say, although I think that AC3 is in nearly every way the best entry so far, it is also the buggiest. Lots of delayed reactions, character jolts, missions with unintentionally liquid parameters. It's not damning, but it is noticeable.
    That's odd. They're on the same engine right?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    My top ten games of 2012 (so far):

1. Journey
    2. Mass Effect 3
    3. FEZ
    4. The Walking Dead
    5. Dust: An Elysian Tail
    6. Borderlands 2
    7. Final Fantasy XIII-2
    8. Papa & Yo
    9. Rock Band Blitz
    10. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Finished Dishonoured. Really enjoyed it. The sneaking in this game is so good. Tried to play it largely avoiding killing people. Warping directly behind someone and choking them out is continually satisfying.

However, I wish the story and dialogue wasn't so weak. You'd think if they put all this effort into the architecture, they'd put more into the narrative. The game doesn't even address the irony of trying to depose a dictator in order to instill a child empress. Why doesn't every game that tries to create a compelling story and world hire a proper author to help them out?

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)

1. Journey
    2. Mass Effect 3
    3. FEZ
    4. The Walking Dead
    6. Borderlands 2
    7. Final Fantasy XIII-2
    8. Papa & Yo
    9. Rock Band Blitz

Very nice list! I'm strongly considering purchasing a PS3 after Christmas to play "Journey".

My top 10 would include these:

Spec Ops: The Line
    Max Payne 3
    Fez
    The Walking Dead
    Halo 4

Though I'm not sure I've actually played 10 titles released this year.

I forgot how big God of War was/is. Having a blast replaying it.

Oh and I beat Forgotten Sands. Much closer to the original trilogy than the 4th entry, but some of the timely platforming was hair-pulling ridiculous.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)

1. Journey
    2. Mass Effect 3
    3. FEZ
    4. The Walking Dead
    6. Borderlands 2
    7. Final Fantasy XIII-2
    8. Papa & Yo
    9. Rock Band Blitz
    Good list. I've bolded the two I strongly oppose being in the top 10.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I strongly oppose to The Raid being the best movie you watched in 2012 so we're even.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I'm finally making some headway into Shadows of the Damned - what a fun, silly game.

Journey is the best new game I've played this year. But I haven't played very many new games. Mainly I've just been playing the Souls games.

I'm finally making some headway into Shadows of the Damned - what a fun, silly game.

I have that on my "to play" pile.

I'm (obviously) going to be spending a lot of time with "Halo 4".

I'm just super bummed about my internet connection. I'll have to get all of my play time for this game with the campaign and (maybe) Spartan Ops.

I tried to play a match the other night and it was so laggy for me that if I sprinted, everything kind of froze up. I was also booted from the same match twice.

I wish there was some service available to provide real high speed internet to rural areas. I would be willing to pay through the nose for it, and I can't be the only one.