View Poll Results: KONG: SKULL ISLAND

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

13 61.90%
  • Nay

8 38.10%

Thread: Kong: Skull Island (Jordan Vogt-Roberts)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    What's funny?

I guess in your head, that means if Hiddleston and Larson were the son and daughter of Goodman, that's reason enough to be around.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What's funny?

I guess in your head, that means if Hiddleston and Larson were the son and daughter of Goodman, that's reason enough to be around.
    It would help if they simply served the purpose that the movie gives me. Hiddleston is a tracker who doesn't track anything. Larson is a photographer who says she won't show anyone her photos. Does anybody remember the name of any character in this movie? Besides Chapman, who is only memorable because his name is repeated over and over and we see it written on screen. None of these characters are worth watching let alone worth caring about. There's a number of cliche'd character beats that fall totally flat because no character is written with any sort of dimension. The stoney-faced guy sacrifices himself out of nowhere, gives a cheesy random goodbye line, another character screams NOOOOOOOO but other than two or three quippy lines they exchanged with one another there's no evidence that they were friends enough for one to care. I could name another 3 scenes like this that were obviously intended to be emotionally affecting but I was literally laughing out loud in the theater.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    It would help if they simply served the purpose that the movie gives me. Hiddleston is a tracker who doesn't track anything. Larson is a photographer who says she won't show anyone her photos. Does anybody remember the name of any character in this movie? Besides Chapman, who is only memorable because his name is repeated over and over and we see it written on screen. None of these characters are worth watching let alone worth caring about. There's a number of cliche'd character beats that fall totally flat because no character is written with any sort of dimension. The stoney-faced guy sacrifices himself out of nowhere, gives a cheesy random goodbye line, another character screams NOOOOOOOO but other than two or three quippy lines they exchanged with one another there's no evidence that they were friends enough for one to care. I could name another 3 scenes like this that were obviously intended to be emotionally affecting but I was literally laughing out loud in the theater.
    allll of this except I rolled my eyes the entire way through the second half of the movie.