Page 1911 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 91114111811186119011909191019111912191319211961 ... LastLast
Results 47,751 to 47,775 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

"World Football" or "Soccer?" Either one is going to piss off a European, but they'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Which is what someone who has never played sports would say.
    I should have said "obsessing over". I respect athletes and their achievements. But taking any of it as seriously as many do is ludicrous. And I have played sports, of course. And obsessed over some as well. Which is why now I'm like "what was I thinking?!"

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    "World Football" or "Soccer?" Either one is going to piss off a European, but they'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Football describes it. It's only the US that calls an unrelated sport that.

- - - - -
    I had no idea so many of you were heavily invested in the relative quality of chicken sandwiches

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I had no idea so many of you were heavily invested in the relative quality of chicken sandwiches
    Stay tuned until Friday
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I blame Bac0n for my evolved pallet.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Stay tuned until Friday
    Best part were the annoyed responses from your wife, lol.

Bring on the spice.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm back. After many years. And I've started writing critically again.

http://www.thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

I have to thank all the veterans who I used to post with - you guys have no idea what you did for a seventeen year old in 2009 who loved film as intimately as I did. Thank you all, so much.
    Last edited by BuffaloWilder; 05-10-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

Quote Quoting BuffaloWilder (view post)

I have to thank all the veterans who I used to post with - you guys have no idea what you did for a seventeen year old in 2009 who loved film as intimately as I did. Thank you all, so much.
    Good to see you!
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Hey BW.

The requirement to be on MC is you must have a Letterboxd account.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And you have to watch Mr. Brooks nowadays.

I think we’ll forgive just Torque and Speed Racer, though.

BUFF!!

- - - - -
    Hey BW.

The requirement to be on MC is you must have a Letterboxd account.
    This was your chance to plug "Bye Bye Man" and you totally blew it, Duke. WTH!

Welcome back!
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Some pretty crazy thunderstorms ripped through the state last night and we lost power. Still don't have power.

Luckily I have COVID19 stockpile of gas for the generator. So up and running this AM.

But lets be real. THe only reason I got the generator out so my wife could do her live zoom workout class this morning.

Some pretty crazy thunderstorms ripped through the state last night and we lost power. Still don't have power.

Luckily I have COVID19 stockpile of gas for the generator. So up and running this AM.

But lets be real. THe only reason I got the generator out so my wife could do her live zoom workout class this morning.
    Where's the SPICY CHICKEN review?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Where's the SPICY CHICKEN review?
    That's next week. This week I added in Wendy's vs Chik-Fil-A But my wife ordered it wrong, so it came with some "enhancements" that skewed the score. Dunno if it's on her story yet or not.

Wendy’s is pretty decent. I tried Burger King’s quite awhile ago. If memory serves, if they hadn’t put a slice of American Cheese Product on it, it would’ve been good.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

That's next week. This week I added in Wendy's vs Chik-Fil-A But my wife ordered it wrong, so it came with some "enchantments" that skewed the score. Dunno if it's on her story yet or not.
    Oh sure, she posts about date night but not the chicken sandwiches. Pfff, where are her priorities?

;-)

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Wendy’s is pretty decent. I tried Burger King’s quite awhile ago. If memory serves, if they hadn’t put a slice of American Cheese Product on it, it would’ve been good.
    Wendy's might be the best if you include the sauce, lettuce and tomato. But I wanted a straight up chicken, pickles and bun vs chicken, pickles and bun.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Oh sure, she posts about date night but not the chicken sandwiches. Pfff, where are her priorities?

;-)
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiite?

Wendy's might be the best if you include the sauce, lettuce and tomato. But I wanted a straight up chicken, pickles and bun vs chicken, pickles and bun.
    Women.

- - - - -
    Forget the chicken sandwiches for a sec & let's address the massive chest tatt and THAT MOHAWK

How do you cut your hair during the quarantine??

(I guess I'll add a webcam corner of my gaming stream then. )