View Poll Results: Yes/No?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

1 50.00%
  • Nay

1 50.00%

Thread: Godzilla: Monster Planet (Netflix)

Godzilla: Monster Planet (Netflix)

It looks like they changed the name to just Godzilla but I kept the name they previously put out to help avoid confusion. I'm halfway through the first episode and I'm digging it. I don't always love this animation style but it works well in this setting. I like the plot they're laying out.

Okay so apparently this season is a single hour and a half episode?

Edit: And they list it as 2017 when it came out today? Man fuck this thread all to hell I guess.

I am actually confused why you posted this in the TV thread. It's a movie. It was released in Japanese theaters last year, which I assume is why Netflix lists it as a 2017 release.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh I just logged on to Netflix. I see now. For some reason Netflix decided to group the three movies (it was announced as a trilogy) under a "Godzilla" banner. That's a bit weird, but I actually wouldn't mind if they start doing that with other movies in a series.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Well that clears all that up. I guess Duke can retitle and move as he sees fit.

Are they making more?

The second movie is coming out in Japan this summer. Not sure when it'll be on Netflix though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Was it received well?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The animation is phenomenal. Does anyone know what kind of animation this is called? It's so fluid. Almost as if it's supported by CGI? I want to watch more in this style.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It is almost fully CGI, it's called cel shading.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

A quick google search says movies like Iron Giant, A Scanner Darkly and Treasure Planet use this method.
    If anyone knows of any other Japanese styled animation movies (that are also good movies) that support this please send them my way.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It is hit or miss when it comes to anime, mainly because character designs are insanely difficult to translate into 3D.

I'm fond of titles which combine 2D characters with cel shaded environments. Some of my favorite examples are any of Makoto Shinkai's films - simply some of the best looking animation you're likely to see ever.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    A quick google search says movies like Iron Giant, A Scanner Darkly and Treasure Planet use this method.
    If anyone knows of any other Japanese styled animation movies (that are also good movies) that support this please send them my way.
    On Netflix, these have some similar styles: Gantz: 0, Blame!, Harlock: Space Pirate. Animation style aside, all three were totally watchable flicks. I enjoyed all 3.

I also really loved the Macross Zero OVA, the "Robotech" prequel miniseries. Some of the best aerial battle and mech action I've ever seen, all in stunning cel shaded 3D.

This was OK btw. There's a lot of brooding and stated exposition. Would have been way more interesting if they didn't have the voice over in the intro, and needed to piece together why humanity left Earth and how they left Earth. If there's one thing I hate about anime, is the constant over use of lines like: "Are you mad!?" or "Have you gone crazy!?" "Have you lost your mind?" I feel like these are poorly translated lines that read so cheesy.

If Godzilla is such a threat as the first half of the movie wants you to believe, why not, at the very least, land your ships on the opposite side of the planet? The speed in which Godzilla moves would buy you several weeks if not months.

The "evade" scene when Godzilla is initially detected reminded me of the zamboni scene in Deadpool. It appeared the ship had ample time to change course. Instead, it crashes into the ground to avoid Godzilla several miles away.

[
    ]. Sure, I'll watch both sequels if they show up on Netflix.

I don't disagree with anything you said. It was entertaining enough but merely okay. I liked all three of the other anime movies I named better.