View Poll Results: A fitting end to the Fox saga?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

3 30.00%
  • Nay

7 70.00%

Thread: Dark Phoenix (Simon Kinberg)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Passable entertainment. Can we agree they should bury the Phoenix saga until they're ready to go all the way with it? I hate these half-assed interpretations. Wild how on the train they at one point shrugged and said "fuck it, lets just kill the dick outta everyone."

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Passable entertainment. Can we agree they should bury the Phoenix saga until they're ready to go all the way with it? I hate these half-assed interpretations. Wild how on the train they at one point shrugged and said "fuck it, lets just kill the dick outta everyone."
    I read the original story as a kid, completely without context, somebody handing me a trade paperback. I didn't know anything about the X-Men or their world, and it still worked beautifully. I can only imagine the impact for a regular reader.

But on screen, I don't think it works. Maybe they could do it as a mini-series. Maybe. But at the movies, "Phoenix" is a franchise killer. They've already attempted it twice and both times it sucked ass, wasted everyone's time and a helluva lot of money.

Hollywood is obstinate and dumb, but I'm not sure they're so obstinate and dumb they'd go back a third time.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I read the original story as a kid, completely without context, somebody handing me a trade paperback. I didn't know anything about the X-Men or their world, and it still worked beautifully. I can only imagine the impact for a regular reader.

But on screen, I don't think it works. Maybe they could do it as a mini-series. Maybe. But at the movies, "Phoenix" is a franchise killer. They've already attempted it twice and both times it sucked ass, wasted everyone's time and a helluva lot of money.

Hollywood is obstinate and dumb, but I'm not sure they're so obstinate and dumb they'd go back a third time.
    I totally agree and I'm NOT advocating for them to ever even try again. Just if you do, do it like the damn book.