Page 372 of 522 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Went into the game rooting for Seattle, so it was slightly beautiful, but I wish that the Broncos had at least been competitive. Once the game moved past 8-0, it was evident who the better team was.

Sad thing is I'm pretty sure that the 49ers would have laid out the Broncos by around the same margin...

Sorry, Derek.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It was very watchable. In fact, I watched the whole thing. Very entertaining game. Scored in all phases of the game. FIrst Super Bowl team to do that. Don't know what everyone is complaining about. So it was a blow out? Big deal. Still fun to watch.
    I know you're happy with the result, but are you really surprised that people wanted a competitive game over a blowout?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I know you're happy with the result, but are you really surprised that people wanted a competitive game over a blowout?
    On the last page I said I didn't care who won. I cheered with the safety. I cheered with the Welker 2 point conversation. Has Red Zone returned me into a fence sitter? Dunno, but it was just another football game to me that didn't involve the three teams I hate the most. Steelers, Giants and Jets.

Maybe I'm just happy that Derek is upset.

But sorry Eric.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It was very watchable. In fact, I watched the whole thing. Very entertaining game. Scored in all phases of the game. FIrst Super Bowl team to do that. Don't know what everyone is complaining about. So it was a blow out? Big deal. Still fun to watch.
    a blowout is not fun to watch. sure you enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing peyton fail, but i wanted to watch an actual game

I guess the debate goes on.
    My snarky reply will be that both QBs are 0-4 in the Superbowl over the last 7 years.

Starting from that safety, I felt pretty concerned. Both offense and defense looked to be on edge, while Seattle played like it was just a regular season game. I can't really tell how Manning felt, but his WRs weren't following through on routes (excluding DT), and there even seemed to be a glimmer of hope at the beginning of the second half, only for Percy Harvin to quiet that down instantly.

Seahawks were completely dominant. Best game they played all year. I'm not sure how they lost in the season, and I'm wondering how much of that team they'll be able to keep.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Um...wow. The Broncos played like shit. The Seahawks played as if they making a statement, which that Super Bowl win was. The NFC right now is the stronger conference. I thought that most of Seattle's team remains under contract but that could change I guess.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Everything is beautiful.

Season was magic from beginning to end. Couldn't have scripted the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl any better. You'll always remember the first...

Advanced apologies to Derek and E....

letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    My snarky reply will be that both QBs are 0-4 in the Superbowl over the last 7 years.
    Manning needs the rings. He's 11-12 in the playoffs with 1 ring. If it weren't for that ring, his seat at the greatness table would be right next to Dan Marino. But I really don't want to start this discussion yet. Let's wait for training camp.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Peyton's legacy is really going to decrease when the 2007 Super Bowl is vacated.

Manning needs the rings. He's 11-12 in the playoffs with 1 ring. If it weren't for that ring, his seat at the greatness table would be right next to Dan Marino. But I really don't want to start this discussion yet. Let's wait for training camp.
    So in your estimation, Terry Bradshaw is the greatest QB in the history of the NFL, correct? On par with Montana?

I think the stink of the blowout probably takes him out of the conversation with Montana, but the Brady/Manning thing is still very much alive. The funny thing is that Brady hasn't won a single title since he became an "elite" passer himself. Those early New England teams looked more like the Seahawks than the Broncos. Brady didn't throw much and was only asked to play an efficient/clutch game.

Manning has always been asked to do a lot more, and I think that has indirectly led his teams to lack well-rounded talent for the playoffs. His regular season play is so stellar that it masks all of the team's deficiencies everywhere else. Perfect example is that his GM in Indy won like five Executive of the Year awards for building a roster that couldn't win three games without Manning.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

So in your estimation, Terry Bradshaw is the greatest QB in the history of the NFL, correct? On par with Montana?
    2 and 1 respectively.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    2 and 1 respectively.

You rank Bradshaw over Unitas? He was an infinitely superior QB and won three titles as well. You are a strange man.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Unbelievable. It's unbelievable to me that you would use such a lazy, thoughtless, and facile metric to measure a QB's greatness. Guess that's the current ESPN culture at work. Easy facts in place of actual critical thought.

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    I think the stink of the blowout probably takes him out of the conversation with Montana, but the Brady/Manning thing is still very much alive. The funny thing is that Brady hasn't won a single title since he became an "elite" passer himself. Those early New England teams looked more like the Seahawks than the Broncos. Brady didn't throw much and was only asked to play an efficient/clutch game.

Manning has always been asked to do a lot more, and I think that has indirectly led his teams to lack well-rounded talent for the playoffs. His regular season play is so stellar that it masks all of the team's deficiencies everywhere else. Perfect example is that his GM in Indy won like five Executive of the Year awards for building a roster that couldn't win three games without Manning.
    Brady didn't throw much? He had 50+ attempts in the snow bowl against the Raiders for 312 yards.
    48 attempts in superbowl XXXVIII throwing for 354 yards and 450 yards of offense.
    33 attemps in superbowl XXXIX with 2 TDs.

He thew plenty. Nothing like 07-12 though.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    You rank Bradshaw over Unitas? He was an infinitely superior QB and won three titles as well. You are a strange man.
    He's 2b. Brady is 2c. Maybe 1b.

Unbelievable. It's unbelievable to me that you would use such a lazy, thoughtless, and facile metric to measure a QB's greatness. Guess that's the current ESPN culture at work. Easy facts in place of actual critical thought.
    It's about wining and losing. its so simple I dont need to think. If I didn't win, I'm not the best.

Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Skip Bayless, is that you?
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Brady didn't throw much? He had 50+ attempts in the snow bowl against the Raiders for 312 yards.
    48 attempts in superbowl XXXVIII throwing for 354 yards and 450 yards of offense.
    33 attemps in superbowl XXXIX with 2 TDs.

He thew plenty. Nothing like 07-12 though.
    I was talking more about his season totals. In his three championship years, he didn't throw for much yardage and put up a fairly pedestrian passer rating. Not to take anything away from him, though. He was clutch when he needed to be. Hoping that Russell Wilson's career trajectory is similar.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

It's about wining and losing. its so simple I dont need to think. If I didn't win, I'm not the best.
    Works in tennis. Golf. Bowling. Chess. Scrabble.

Doesn't work in a team sport. Ever. Period.

He's 2b. Brady is 2c. Maybe 1b.
    I don't know what that means, :lol:

It's tough to rank QBs before I saw them, because I don't know what teams they had around them. Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco have as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning, but I definitely know Peyton Manning is a far superior QB. Just like I know that Brady is much better then Big Ben and Eli Manning... And that Peyton is also better then Ben and Eli.

There's really nothing that can tell me that Brady is better then Manning or vice-versa. I DO have a bias for Manning though.

And after those two, I think there's a dropoff to #3.

Finishing, I think both are no longer the tops in the league, despite what the stats say. They're still amongst the QBs that are required for a Super Bowl though. And that's meaningful.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

TOP 5 QBs (in my time watching football):
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Joe Montana
    4. John Elway
    5. Big Ben

I should put Favre in there, shouldn't I? However, there were so many times after his Super Bowl where he seemed to do more harm then good, that I can't put him above Big Ben who almost seems like he never makes mistakes.

Top 5 Current QBs:
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Russel Wilson
    5. Drew Brees

-Kaepernick is probably #6. I haven't watched him enough. His stats throughout the season seemed low, but he seems almost #1 worthy in playoffs. I put Brady above Manning now because he has garbage WRs, and still makes it to the AFC Championship. Then again, Manning had the best SEASON for a QB ever. So, what do I know?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Top 5 Current QBs:
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Russel Wilson
    5. Drew Brees
    Rodgers 1? Shouldn't it be Wilson?