I realize I'm a fuckin' white male and all, but am I the only one concerned by the level of escalation the Kavanaugh accusations have taken? It seems the MSM have basically gone from "sexual misconduct" to "sexual assault" which, generally if I hear "sexual assault" I think rape-rape (in the parlance of Whoopi Goldberg), which isn't what Kavanaugh is being accused of here. Also, he was 17 and this was in 1982. I'm not excusing his behavior (I know he vehemently denies it, but for arguments sake, let's say he did it) but having been to high school parties in the 90s, I can imagine the HS parties of the early to mid 80s being even more crazy in the era of Porky's and Animal House. Hell, even the nice PG rated Sixteen Candles has some questionable behavior in it. I have no idea what transpired at that party between him and (the now) Dr. Ford, but I also think Kavanaugh in a beer soaked state could have thought he was engaging in "wacky hijinks" like something out of an 80s sex comedy. It all seems a bit strange to me, considering the implication that a) people don't change after high school or even as an undergrad and b) I think every guy that was remotely popular in high school or college went to parties in the 80s and 90s with quite a bit of questionable behavior happening, and I think every guy watching this unfold wonders if he had a wandering hand or whatever enough for someone to come back decades later and make accusations in that situation, esp. if they disagree with your politics.

I'm also ignoring the other allegations for now, which seem a lot more questionable to me (esp. Kavanaugh as a date rape party ringleader one).

Anyways, I would get that off my chest on facebook, but I feel a harem of women and even men would scold the fuck out of me. At least I'm semi-anonymous on here if Irish or whoever reads me the riot act.