Page 743 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2436436937337417427437447457537938431243 ... LastLast
Results 18,551 to 18,575 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is that gameplay footage or cutscene? Looks awesome. Hopefully the whole game is all in that situation.
    Unknown. It could be nextgen. I like the Sutherland voice over though.

This is also nextgen.

[youtube]gwnSo9bcIyA[/youtube]
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The stuff Valve is saying about their new quasi-console, "living room PC" type of unit is really confusing, and I'm wondering if they're just not wanting to admit (maybe even to themselves) that it's a console.

It seems that it is a limited-use PC that works in your living room on your TV, with a controller pad, and runs off retail game discs and Steam for DLC / downloadable games.

So...in other words...it's a console?

I love Valve as much as the next guy, but it's strange how they seem to be so deeply in denial about the fact that they're making a console. It's like they're still wanting themselves to be seen as

...so they want to keep the true nature of their console a dirty little secret.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Finished Bulletstorm. Was a little bit bored of it by the end, but enjoyed it for the most part.

I don't understand why, with the tone of the gameplay, the cut scenes weren't more parodic. Actually I don't understand why there were cut scenes at all, I skipped half of them.

Where did you read that it would run retail game discs? Gabe never said anything about that. All the games would come from steam.

In the meantime, steam just launched Big Picture mode, which means all you need to do is bring your laptop in the living room, hook it up via HDMI, turn on Big Picture mode and you have a "steam console". Big Picture mode is pretty slick.

It's also weird how consoles are becoming more like PCs and Valve wants to be more like consoles. But for the most part, all we know is Valve will directly compete against next gen console gaming with some sort of hardware + BPM.

You're right, PC Gaming is pretty glorious.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They should have just teamed up with Roku.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

God damn, "Halo 4" is such a good looking game.

Even after three playthroughs, there are images that still make my jaw drop.

The opening image of the mission "Infinity" is glorious.

And now I am downloading the Crimson Map Pack and wishing that my internet was faster

Is there anyone else on this board playing "Halo 4"??

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    And now I am downloading the Crimson Map Pack and wishing that my internet was faster

Is there anyone else on this board playing "Halo 4"??
    I did for about a week and a half. Didn't care much for the single player, and the multiplayer would be more fun if I had more xbl friends. I kept it as a party game, but I don't plan on putting in a lot more time on my own. I'm more into strategy games. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 was just ported for Mac and that's taking up my time these days.

I'm going to catch up on the other Halo games first - I still haven't played ODST or Reach, so I can get those for really cheap right now.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced for iPad? Sold.
    Don't!

God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta Available to PS Plus Members January 8th

i started playing the first Infamous a few days ago, and i'm finding it pretty tedious. just a few hours in so many of the missions already feel incredibly repetitive. the karma system is interesting but kind of clunkily implemented, providing you with a choose your own adventure scenario whenever a choice pops up.

maybe i should just skip to the second game (my PS3 came with Uncharted 1&2 and Infamous 1&2)

I'm going to catch up on the other Halo games first - I still haven't played ODST or Reach, so I can get those for really cheap right now.

They're both great. I know a lot of people were turned off by the huge change in tone and structure with "ODST", but I thought it was really cool.

It almost works as a mystery game, and you play several different characters throughout, and see how their stories interconnect.

The central part of the game is open world in the Earth city of New Mombasa. You're the "Rookie", and there are Covenant everywhere. You're hugely outnumbered and out-gunned and you have to search around the city for clues as to the whereabouts of the rest of your team.

When you find a clue, the game skips back in time and you play as the soldier that clue relates to, and you find out what happened to them.

It's a really neat structure, and the music is almost all ambient, so the night levels which are punctuated by rich neon lighting have a really eerie, cool feel.

I'm a mild fan of the "Gears of War" games, and I was pretty un-excited for this newest entry "Judgment" to come about early next year. It sounded like People Can Fly were basically just guns for hire, and there was no real passion or innovation going to be brought in - crank the game out so it's done and they cane work on new stuff, ya know?

Looks like that's really not the case at all, and the more I read about the upcoming "Gears" game, the more I am excited to try it out for myself.

They have completely randomized the enemy encounters. You cannot depend on repetition to help you figure out a strategy. If you get killed by a Mauler, when you come back to that area, it may be replaced by a Bloodmount, or just a crapload of soldier Locusts. Every encounter is different.

They have also integrated tower defense gaming into the main campaign to mix up the shooting elements, and the people who have played it say it is challenging and surprisingly deep.

They have completely randomized the enemy encounters. You cannot depend on repetition to help you figure out a strategy. If you get killed by a Mauler, when you come back to that area, it may be replaced by a Bloodmount, or just a crapload of soldier Locusts. Every encounter is different.
    I'm surprised more games haven't gone this route. There's only been a few, and it's a great concept (SiN Episodes is the main one that springs to mind since they made a big deal out of it at launch, but I guess nobody played it?). I guess Left 4 Dead and the director stuff was supposed to be similar, but I didn't spend much time playing that.

I hated the Gears sequels, but I'm very curious to check out this one. The guy who is writing the story for it is the same guy who wrote the story for Julia Loktev's new movie, The Lonelist Planet. Wrap your head around that.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    I'm surprised more games haven't gone this route. There's only been a few, and it's a great concept (SiN Episodes is the main one that springs to mind since they made a big deal out of it at launch, but I guess nobody played it?). I guess Left 4 Dead and the director stuff was supposed to be similar, but I didn't spend much time playing that.

I hated the Gears sequels, but I'm very curious to check out this one. The guy who is writing the story for it is the same guy who wrote the story for Julia Loktev's new movie, The Lonelist Planet. Wrap your head around that.

I love when stuff like this happens - a project that, out of left field, turns out to be something pretty cool and potentially special.

It looks like this could be the best of the series.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I just played through the most recent Mass Effect 3 DLC "Omega". It was a pretty fun one-off side story and almost double the length of the last DLC. I'm always down for more Mass Effect.

I'm also about 3/4 of the way through Scribblenauts Unlimited (WiiU) and having a blast. This is my first introduction to Scribblenauts and I love how many just randomly obscure words they've built into this thing.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Super Street IV: Arcade Edition free of PS+! I've been wanting to get back into this. Now I'll order an arcade stick.

Super Street IV: Arcade Edition free of PS+! I've been wanting to get back into this. Now I'll order an arcade stick.
    I really need to use my free month now.

Per Arkham City...I've collected all the riddler puzzles, but it still says I don't have them all. Cruise around and find green guys?

Demon's Souls - NG++ - Man Eaters down, first attempt.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I really need to use my free month now.

Per Arkham City...I've collected all the riddler puzzles, but it still says I don't have them all. Cruise around and find green guys?

Did you do the Catwoman ones too?

Did you do the Catwoman ones too?
    Yep.

Which one would you get? Hori?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Which one would you get? Hori?
    I got the WWE Madcats because its super easy to mod. Going to get some sanwa buttons and stick, too. It's a good base stick for only $40, and for only about $20 more in parts you can make it as good as many that sell over $100.

There are definitely still a bunch of people playing SFIV on the PS3, probably even more now that it's free. Can't wait to get my stick this week.