View Poll Results: WA WA WEE WA

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very nice!

5 62.50%
  • NOT

3 37.50%

Thread: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Jason Woliner)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not manufacturing, research. There are so many of these strains that are potentially dangerous, I'm betting there are more of these places where they try to stay ahead of pandemics by collecting samples and working on them to classify and determine the danger. How it happened that this was released might never be known, but I'm pretty sure nobody MADE it.

Sorry to derail the Borat thread btw. I realize this should go in the covid-19 thread we have. I only brought it up because even if you think Rudy G is a nut, we should be able to demand answers and accountability from our government. Joe Biden and his admin should not be off the hook here either.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    ...even if you think Rudy G is a nut....
    I don't think there is much to debate about this anymore, is there? Just in general, I mean.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Not manufacturing, research. There are so many of these strains that are potentially dangerous, I'm betting there are more of these places where they try to stay ahead of pandemics by collecting samples and working on them to classify and determine the danger. How it happened that this was released might never be known, but I'm pretty sure nobody MADE it.
    It's simply astonshing to me that all it takes is one disgruntled employee (or hell even one gruntled, lazy employee who doesn't use proper protocol in the lab) to kill millions of people and shut down the world economy. Often effecting small and medium sized businesses the most (Amazon and Big Tech actually made huge profits in the last nine months).
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    It's simply astonshing to me that all it takes is one disgruntled employee (or hell even one gruntled, lazy employee who doesn't use proper protocol in the lab) to kill millions of people and shut down the world economy. Often effecting small and medium sized businesses the most (Amazon and Big Tech actually made huge profits in the last nine months).
    I've read that it's impossible that this virus was manufactured because tell-tale signs would be found. However, I think that a naturally occurring virus could be found, studied, allowed to flourish and then released. I've also seen this question posed, "who has the most to gain from a pandemic?" and some have pointed out that Russia is in the worst shape of the major powers. I can understand the idea that a pandemic brings down the richest nations and levels the playing field. Immediately dismissing the cause as possibly linked to political reasons is very disconcerting though I'm not saying that it was. I just say we need to keep an open mind.
    Last edited by Yxklyx; 11-24-2020 at 08:43 PM.