Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Not seeing the appeal of the new Chromebook initiative other than as a mild alternative to netbooks. No local storage and laptop form factor that can only run Chrome.

I guess because it's Google but really the amount of press this has generated is sort of baffling to me.
    It's an attempt to reform the market. Imagine what's going to happen to notebooks/laptops if successful?

For $300, I'll give it a go. Maybe even $500 since it's google.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's an attempt to reform the market. Imagine what's going to happen to notebooks/laptops if successful?
    I don't see it as creating a new market but rather sliding into the existing netbook/tablet one that's taking over machines that are being strictly used for web content. Power users are still going to require laptops/desktops.

I still use Opera.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I still use Opera.
    It's a good number 2 to have I suppose. ( in terms of speed)

The applications it comes with however do not come close to comparison.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I downloaded Chrome about 2 months ago and it didn't work. A blank page, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting me navigate at all. I would enter a URL and it would load, but just another blank page.

So I was like "fuck this, back to Opera".

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I don't see it as creating a new market but rather sliding into the existing netbook/tablet one that's taking over machines that are being strictly used for web content. Power users are still going to require laptops/desktops.
    I think your underestimating this. Think of people who want to use a tablet for web browsing, but still want that tactical keyboard built in. They're out there.

Director
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I think your underestimating this. Think of people who want to use a tablet for web browsing, but still want that tactical keyboard built in. They're out there.
    That still seems like a netbook to me though, with Chrome and without local storage. Eh.

It's seriously weird to see complaints... Chrome has worked like a charm on every bucket of bolts I installed it on. Even on my Atom N270 netbook downclocked to 800MHz it works like a charm. Also, it does close processes, eternity. It just has separate ones for every tab, but also every extension and plugin. You guys must have some weird setups.

Sure doesn't work for me.