Thread: Last thing you bought...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm not sure what you guys mean by ads?

^ The ad on the right rotates every time you load the home screen. Usually it's channel/ movie/ tv related, but not always. You cannot remove these ads without blocking them at the network level.

^ Last year they added "My Offers" to the main menu. Notice how this is positioned above "Settings." In order to change the platform defaults, you need to scroll past the "Offers" tab and load its content. Right now it's filled with sales for Roku's own shit, but obviously that can change.

They've also placed banner ads at the bottom of menus, although from what I've seen this is rare.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

^ The ad on the right rotates every time you load the home screen. Usually it's channel/ movie/ tv related, but not always. You cannot remove these ads without blocking them at the network level.

^ Last year they added "My Offers" to the main menu. Notice how this is positioned above "Settings." In order to change the platform defaults, you need to scroll past the "Offers" tab and load its content. Right now it's filled with sales for Roku's own shit, but obviously that can change.

They've also placed banner ads at the bottom of menus, although from what I've seen this is rare.
    Oh thats what you mean?? Dude that really bothers you? lol. What bothers me is the ads I'm forced to sit through on youtube and stuff like that. You can just scroll right by that stuff. I never even notice them. But to each their own, I have even dumber stuff that boils my blood, so I'm not one to talk.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Oh thats what you mean?? Dude that really bothers you? lol. What bothers me is the ads I'm forced to sit through on youtube and stuff like that. You can just scroll right by that stuff. I never even notice them. But to each their own, I have even dumber stuff that boils my blood, so I'm not one to talk.