Thread: Chernobyl (Miniseries)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    LOVE this miniseries so far. My wife and I watched it last night- and she was ready for the second episode. I had to remind her, "this isn't netflix, we have to wait a week for the next episode".
    Felt the same - really wanted the next episode right away. You could recommend to her what I did. I read the Wiki page because I wanted to know immediately how this happened (wasn't sure how much they'd get into the science on the show). I don't know much about nuclear energy but it is an extremely well-written wiki page for lay people to understand.

Listened to the podcast that discusses the episode with the writer and it was great too.

Also got about half way through a youtube doc about Fukushima.

I feel properly satiated until next episode.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Felt the same - really wanted the next episode right away. You could recommend to her what I did. I read the Wiki page because I wanted to know immediately how this happened (wasn't sure how much they'd get into the science on the show). I don't know much about nuclear energy but it is an extremely well-written wiki page for lay people to understand.

Listened to the podcast that discusses the episode with the writer and it was great too.

Also got about half way through a youtube doc about Fukushima.

I feel properly satiated until next episode.
    OMG we did the same thing. We watched several Chernobyl videos, and a couple on nuclear fission and the Fukushima one! This disaster has always terrified me as a kid- nuclear energy is super crazy to grasp and it's mind boggling that the nuclear engineers at Chernobyl could not quantify why the power plant's core exploded and did not meltdown.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?