Page 164 of 262 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Doubtful. The Netflix shows are part of the MCU, technically.

Venom is just Sony.
    "The spider kid." "The guy in the spider costume."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Throwback to that time Obadiah Stane was just hiding behind the couch waiting for Tony to sit down and get distracted by pizza. Knees gave out, cramps settled in, ass went flat. But he held it.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    If it just starts with the symbiote already mysteriously on Earth without explanation and making some vague references to "the previous host," then they can probably have their cake and eat it too.
    Haha, this certainly seems to be the case. I am with the internet on this one, Feige looked blindsided by Pascal's vague announcement. I think what she's trying to push, though, is the narrative that there's a Venn diagram of Sony's Spider-man universe and Marvel's Cinematic Universe that are completely separate, but Tom Holland's Peter Parker movies are the overlap.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Haha, this certainly seems to be the case. I am with the internet on this one, Feige looked blindsided by Pascal's vague announcement. I think what she's trying to push, though, is the narrative that there's a Venn diagram of Sony's Spider-man universe and Marvel's Cinematic Universe that are completely separate, but Tom Holland's Peter Parker movies are the overlap.
    Such a weird turn.

Let's not forget that Pascal basically never graduated high school so she could be completely misinterpreting the message her.e
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 06-19-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Let's not forget that Pascal basically never graduated high school so she could be completely misinterpreting the message her.e
    Is this some weird joke? Multiple profiles mention she graduated from UCLA with a degree in international relations.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Is this some weird joke? Multiple profiles mention she graduated from UCLA with a degree in international relations.
    It was. I think she's dumb as a pile of rocks based on her email wording structure and grammar.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Recommended reading on the relationship between Sony and Marvel: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...marvel-1015408

Some news tidbits buried in it:

As for the expansion plans, Tom Hardy is starring in Venom, dated for Oct. 5, 2018, which will also feature the villain Carnage. A source says Holland is only contractually obligated to Spider-Man 2 and 3, but the intention is to bring him into the spinoffs and possibly other Marvel films (he is currently shooting Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War).
    Another spinoff, Silver & Black, doesn't have a release date but is eyeing a fall shoot and features characters Silver Sable and Black Cat. Other projects will focus on Kraven the Hunter and Mysterio. The idea, says a studio source, is to build out a world gradually rather than launch one immediately, as they had been trying with Spider-Man villain ensemble Sinister Six, which has been shelved.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Updated Predictions on Phase 4
    Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme: May 1, 2020
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 July 10, 2020
    Adam Warlock: 2020

Spider-man <symbiote- it comes back to Earth via Infinity War> Nov 6, 2021
    Ironheart: 2021 (Mandarin Returns)
    Black Panther 2: 2021

Captain Marvel 2: 2022
    Namor the Sub-Mariner: 2022
    There will probably be a 3rd movie in 2022 so we'll call this Ant-man 3

Spider-man 3 2023
    Avengers: Illuminati 2023

So based on on who we saw get introduced in GotGv2 and this set photo below... I'm happy with these two bolded choices.

[
    ]

Recommended reading on the relationship between Sony and Marvel: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...marvel-1015408

Some news tidbits buried in it:
    And the Venom Carnage movie will be R-rated.

Namor the Sub-Mariner: 2022
    Y'all, I'm not walking up to the fucking window and saying, "Yes, can I have one for Namor the Sub-Mariner, please?"
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Weird poster.
    Movie Theater Diary

BTW I think this approach is smart but I wonder if this will disappoint the usual MCU fanboys:

Homecoming is described as one of Marvel's youngest-skewing movies and geared to teens.
    Movie Theater Diary

Review embargo slowly lifted. Initial reactions very, very positive for Spiderman homecoming.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Review embargo slowly lifted. Initial reactions very, very positive for Spiderman homecoming.
    I'm shocked.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I'm shocked.
    Positive review for a marvel movie? Water is wet.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I'm shocked.

Could have swung a little bit the other way what with the constant rebooting of the character and the sort of lukewarm reviews for the previous installments.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Guys, this Marvel movie may have hit some sort of baseline audience placation.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Guys, this Marvel movie may have hit some sort of baseline audience placation.
    But because of trust/acceptance or because of constant excellence?

It was. I think she's dumb as a pile of rocks based on her email wording structure and grammar.
    Told ya

Casting news for Ant-Man and the Wasp soon?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVtNvGrnWff/

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Casting news for Ant-Man and the Wasp soon?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVtNvGrnWff/
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that will be the first truly terrible movie in the MCU.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that will be the first truly terrible movie in the MCU.
    That's a safe bet. The problem with that theory is it will likely be another team up movie. I don't think there will be many more strictly, SOLO MCU movies after Black Panther.

I disagree with the premise that there hasn't already been a truly terrible MCU movie.
    Movie Theater Diary

I disagree with the premise that there hasn't already been a truly terrible MCU movie.
    Truly terrible post Marvel Studios release.

Which one would that be? The worst ones just seem forgettable to me.