Thread: Gaming Unplugged - Old School Style - Luddite Gaming - Nerdtopia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Innovation is just about a perfect game for my style. It uses cards, short set up time, elegant rules, lots of choices, and tons of player interaction. The game is constantly flowing, changing, evolving and moving forward. It's all very tactical, and you really have to think about things on the fly.

Simply put, Innovation is excellent. I can see this becoming an all time favorite.
    Oh, hey, I mentioned this game to my sister forever ago and she had an important question. Does it put a "civilization" value on how far societies have innovated? Basically, is a bronze age civilization considered better than a stone age?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Oh, hey, I mentioned this game to my sister forever ago and she had an important question. Does it put a "civilization" value on how far societies have innovated? Basically, is a bronze age civilization considered better than a stone age?
    It's not that specific, but yes it does in a very abstract way. It's more of a philosophical civilization game in that you're more concerned with big ideas.

I really can't recommend the game enough. It's my favorite game of the last few years - since Dominion. The first expansion set is coming out soon.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    It's not that specific, but yes it does in a very abstract way. It's more of a philosophical civilization game in that you're more concerned with big ideas.

I really can't recommend the game enough. It's my favorite game of the last few years - since Dominion. The first expansion set is coming out soon.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to try it out. My sister is very sensitive to Western-is-better bias in games, but this sounds pretty cool. It will have to wait until I have money, though.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Yeah, I think I'm going to try it out. My sister is very sensitive to Western-is-better bias in games, but this sounds pretty cool. It will have to wait until I have money, though.
    There is no concept of East or West. You won't even notice anything like this.