Thread: Your home theater setup (pictures if possible).

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great shelves, meg. Did you guys buy those, or build them? Looks like a very nice movie-watching room.

My concern is that this trend invades theaters with digital projection, a place where we can't disable or avoid such an annoying feature. Hopefully, the movie-makers have more sense than the everyday consumer.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Great shelves, meg. Did you guys buy those, or build them? Looks like a very nice movie-watching room.

Built! And we kept adding to them for years because we continually run out of space :lol: It's cool having a whole family of movie buffs (even though all of our tastes' are diametrically different).

The shelves over-top of the chairs (in picture 3) were just put there about 6 months ago.

And you can see the small window in the top of pictures three and four - that's where, last March, we had quite a leak behind the wall that we didn't know about, which slowly deteriorated the cases of about 150 of our movies. Luckily it was just the cases and no actual discs were damaged, but still, for stuff like the Ran Criterion (which is not only OOP, but was given to me as a gift by Jen) it still kind of sucks.

But oh well, just material things, right? Not like there was an electrical fire or anything. No one was hurt. That's what matters.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

That's cool. Hopefully I'll do something like that. Do you guys by the shelves pre-finished?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    That's cool. Hopefully I'll do something like that. Do you guys by the shelves pre-finished?

Yes, we measured the lengths we needed, then went to Home Depot and bought the appropriate lengths of plain white-finished, particle board shelving.

They're attached to the wall with standard six-screw brackets.

It's nothing fancy, but it does the job, and it's not a material that's ever going to suddenly disappear...so as we add on to it, we don't have 12 different colours and styles of shelving (although I think that could look pretty neat, too ).
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."