Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Game of Thrones (Season 7)

For some reason I thought they shot these final seasons back to back, but apparently they're only going to start shooting the last 6 episodes this winter, going through the spring. EW said Season 8 may not air until 2019.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    For some reason I thought they shot these final seasons back to back, but apparently they're only going to start shooting the last 6 episodes this winter, going through the spring. EW said Season 8 may not air until 2019.
    I had the same thinking as you. But it sounds like it's indeed 2019, which is a huge bummer.

I guess there's Westworld?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Question. Any reason as to why Jaime Lannister slayed Rhaegar? Or is it known? It's fine if it's spoiled in the books.

ANd looks like the biggest "directors" from the show are coming back for the final season, and that the episodes are about $15 million a piece. Otherwise a $90 million season.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Jamie didn't kill Rhaegar. Robert Baratheon did.

Did you mean the mad king Aerys?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Jamie didn't kill Rhaegar. Robert Baratheon did.

Did you mean the mad king Aerys?
    Yes, my bad.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Lannisters supported Robert's Rebellion. Tywin sacked King's Landing. Jaime's reason for murdering his king was a pretty simple one. He was obeying his dad.
    Movie Theater Diary

Also Jaime claims that Aerys was about to destroy the city by wildfire and so he killed the king before the command could be given.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Also Jaime claims that Aerys was about to destroy the city by wildfire and so he killed the king before the command could be given.
    Which is why Cersei using wildfire on her own city was so shocking. She basically did what Aerys wanted to do. The mad queen.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Yeah, I think this was the real reason which he reveals to Brienne.

- - - - -
    The monologue and the moment he tells her that is the best scene in the show and turns Jaime from villain to hero. It's one of the few bits of character writing from GRRM that I've really liked.

Imagine being that guy, spit on and taunted by everyone you know because they view you as a traitor and a coward, the worst thing one could be in that world, but in your heart you're a hero and did what you did to save lives.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    the few bits of character writing from GRRM that I've really liked.
    Oh, come on!

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Oh, come on!

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The monologue and the moment he tells her that is the best scene in the show and turns Jaime from villain to hero. It's one of the few bits of character writing from GRRM that I've really liked.

Imagine being that guy, spit on and taunted by everyone you know because they view you as a traitor and a coward, the worst thing one could be in that world, but in your heart you're a hero and did what you did to save lives.

Ah. Nice. That makes sense, especially in the sense that he's labeled a traitor in the books even moreso. Near the end of Book 1, Tywin hasn't even appeared yet, and he comes across as the second most powerful person in Westeros.

Surprised at how much Season 1 seems to match with the book. Dany is not nearly as interesting as she is in the show though. I think Emilia Clarke did wonders with that role initially.

Bran is much better in the books too...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415