McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

I wish I didn't have school or hw or anything, because I want to tear through these!! I probably will regardless.

So, episode two: Laura Palmer is becoming pretty fascinating. So she had three lovers in general, and three sexual partners on the night of her death? Hm. Interesting.

The fish coffee was great!

I'm trying to create a mental chart of all the townspeople and their various connections, but it will probably take an episode more for me to have it cemented in my head.

Why does Dale Cooper love his pie so much? Why is he so awesome? Every word out of his mouth is gold.

Laura Palmer's mom is that weird-ass lady from Inland Empire!!!!! Her one vision this episode freaked me out.

What's the deal with Audrey? (Don't actually answer.)

I love how this death is allowing us to see the, well, seedier side of the town, and see all this secrets all these people have.

Shallowness coming up...Norma and Shelley are both very pretty. Especially Norma.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I just finished that one episode in the second season. Should I keep going?

Does anyone know a good place to find reviews/recaps of episodes, which won't spoil the whole series for me? I'm scared to look for fear of spoiling myself (it's happened with other shows). I just like to read recaps afterwards. Thanks.

And I've watched episodes 3 and 4, and I'm so hooked. 4 episodes left in the season. Which season is generally considered better? Very different lengths. I'm just curious.

Gah, I think I need to watch another.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    Yes. It finishes quite well.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

this is pretty cool. from a q&a with bob engles

[
    ]
    http://dugpa.com/2010/04/10/inside-t...els-april-9th/

Very interesting, but I'm enclosing that in spoilers for some new viewers of the show in this thead.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    YES

I mean, you might find a number of episodes that don't quite cut it and some really stupid storylines, but the ending is worth it.

And besides, you just watched the best hour of fictional TV ever broadcast. I can't see you quitting now.

With about a third of its short run being absolutely godawful, I can never count Twin Peaks among the greatest shows.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    With about a third of its short run being absolutely godawful, I can never count Twin Peaks among the greatest shows.
    Most if not all shows jump the shark. But Twin Peaks at its greatest was leagues above any other show I can think of.

Which third do you speak of? Certainly not this first season I hope, which I'm finding incredible. About to watch the last two episodes of it.

JUST FINISHED THE FIRST SEASON! HOLY SHIT. [
    ]

I think I may need to watch s2e1 now!!! So, when does this show get "worse" as I've heard people mention. I don't want that to happen.

Loving it so far!

Best Boy
    Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    So, when does this show get "worse" as I've heard people mention. I don't want that to happen.
    The tenth episode of Season 2, but it does pick up towards the end of the season again.

Quote Quoting angrycinephile (view post)
    The tenth episode of Season 2, but it does pick up towards the end of the season again.
    With that episode or after? Hm. That makes me sad. But maybe I'll like it more than the consensus! Gosh...I have no willpower...I think I might have to watch it now and procrastinate even more on my work.

Not surprisingly, the best episodes are the Lynch-directed ones (2.1 (2 hours), 2.2, 2.7 (Laura's killer revealed), and the finale, 2.22 (regarded by many as one of the best things Lynch has ever done). Everything leading up to 2.7 is quite good. However, shortly after that, things become pretty dismal pretty quickly (given Lynch and Frost's non-involvment for much of this time) and don't pick up again until the last few episodes. So, you have a stretch of about 10 episodes or so that are ok, but not much more. Still, lots and lots of great stuff to get excited about. Just don't expect the consistent awesomeness of Season 1.

Best Boy
    With that episode or after?
    With that episode.

You know what I would do if I were you? Since the Laura Palmer storyline kind of gets closure in episode 2.9... maybe you should watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me directly after that and then go back to the remaining episodes. It would make sense.

Quote Quoting angrycinephile (view post)
    With that episode.

You know what I would do if I were you? Since the Laura Palmer storyline kind of gets closure in episode 2.9... maybe you should watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me directly after that and then go back to the remaining episodes. It would make sense.
    Doesn't it make more sense to watch it in order of release? And the movie came after, right? Either way, I'm watching everything Twin Peaks-related.

Doesn't it make more sense to watch it in order of release? And the movie came after, right? Either way, I'm watching everything Twin Peaks-related.
    Yes, I would not recommend watching FWWM until finishing the entire series. It assumes knowledge of the entire series.

Just watched s2e1. One thing to say: That ending...I honestly don't usually get scared by film/tv, but Lynch has succeeded is terrifying the crap out of me multiple times...omg.

Yeah watching that tenth episode of the second season made me lackluster on finishing the show.

Just watched 2.7. The show is still really good...and this episode was especially great, and unsurprisingly so since it was directed by Lynch (who basically directed all the best episodes).

Can someone clue me in on why Lynch/Frost became non-involved? Studio pressure? How did that work exactly (without revealing stuff?). I'm assuming they wanted the mystery "solved," but I don't know.

Um...[
    ]

I think a fun game is to try to consider who is the most normal person in Twin Peaks--my vote is for Norma.

Best Boy
    I believe Lynch left temporarily to focus on promoting Wild at Heart. Plus he was probably in a bad mood over having to reveal who the killer was prematurely. I think his plan was to wait until the season 2 finale.

Oh, and if you think Nadine is annoying now--just wait to some of the later episodes.

I think a fun game is to try to consider who is the most normal person in Twin Peaks--my vote is for Norma.
    Either she or Dr. Hayward.

[
    ]

So, how's it going, elixir? Made it to the end of S2 yet? Don't despair through the mid-season period of suckiness. The climax (almost) makes it worth it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast