Page 754 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447527537547557567648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 18,826 to 18,850 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Dang. They put out the best WWF game ever.

When's the South Park RPG out?
    The South Park RPG's release date is in limbo right now. South Park Studios has a lawsuit currently trying to get out of the THQ bankruptcy proceedings so they can buy back the game rights and choose their own studio.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/thq-of...pdatedx2/4529/

Here's a good article if you want see the details of the studios that picked up THQ stuff.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Nintendo also annouced a lot of big Wii U stuff:

new Zelda game
    Wind Waker remake (remastered visuals and gamepad stuff)
    new Yoshi game by the Kirby's Epic Yarn team and in the same style
    Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (mash up strategy rpg between Nintendo's Fire Emblem series and Atlus's Tensei series)
    NES/SNES virtual console live with the spring update updated for the Wii U and gamepad
    new Monolith Soft RPG
    new videos of Platinum Games Wonderful 101
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    The South Park RPG's release date is in limbo right now. South Park Studios has a lawsuit currently trying to get out of the THQ bankruptcy proceedings so they can buy back the game rights and choose their own studio.
    The one fucking game I was really looking forward to.

Fuck.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

There were a few objections from different companies in the THQ proceedings, but according to the sales hearing those objections have been satisfied, meaning everything announced today is as good as done. Meaning, I take it, that South Park Studios is not objecting to the Ubisoft sale.

From what I've been reading, SPS had a number of demands for a potential buyer (mainly capital for advertisment) which is apparently why Ubisoft was the only company that even bid on the game; they were the only publisher with enough capital willing to meet the demands. The sale will be finalized tomorrow. Ubisoft already released a press statement confirming the sale and that the game is being released this year.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Also, Crytek developing Homefront 2 is a pretty good reason to buy Homefront. Leave it to Giantbomb to go for the cynical joke in place of common sense reporting.

SMT/Fire Emblem announcement is too insane. I'm delighted.

I hope they take the opportunity to go back and tweak some things and maybe finish some things that weren't quite finished in the original Wind Waker (such as the cut dungeon and a handful of other things that felt rushed). Would love to see a more elegant wind-changing mechanic and a trimming of the mind-numbingly tedious Triforce piece-hunting at the end (I think that's what it was for), and maybe a few new islands or something. It's funny that they're updating the visuals, considering that Wind Waker is still one of the best looking games ever made. I'm not sure I like the new approach they're taking to the visuals, but it still looks nice.

Also thrilled by that Wonderful 101 video. Can't wait to get a Wii-U and some of these games on it.

Dang. They put out the best WWF game ever.
    I thought they were only one putting out wrestling games.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Nintendo also annouced a lot of big Wii U stuff:
    Also:

Mario Galaxy team developing the new mainline Mario platformer for Wii U, I think to be revealed at E3.

New Mario Kart, new Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 all confirmed for E3.

And also Wii U Party, supposedly the official successor to the Mario Party series (used to love these games back in the day, but haven't played any of them after... the third one, I think).

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Also, Crytek developing Homefront 2 is a pretty good reason to buy Homefront. Leave it to Giantbomb to go for the cynical joke in place of common sense reporting.
    That game was so mediocre.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Finished Infamous 2's evil side last night. Despite being on the hard difficulty, I have not received the award for finishing the game on hard. What gives?

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Yeah, I rarely turn to GB for common sense reporting - they're my outlet for great entertainment and personality. When it comes to games, that's way more fun.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Report: Next PlayStation features AMD GPU, x64 CPU architecture, touch controller
    So, the controller will essentially have no sensory feedback? Yuck.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So, the controller will essentially have no sensory feedback? Yuck.
    More than likely it will be a very traditional Dualshock design coupled with the touch-interface found on the backside of the Vita. The most radical I can see it being is that you will be able to use the Vita as an actual controller for all games.

The hand holding in Ni No Kuni is definitely a fault. I'm a hour in, and it's still doing it. Beautiful game to look at, and I'm sure great things are on the horizon, but it seems like a lot of this can be figured out in a different way without screwing up the game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The hand holding in Ni No Kuni is definitely a fault. I'm a hour in, and it's still doing it. Beautiful game to look at, and I'm sure great things are on the horizon, but it seems like a lot of this can be figured out in a different way without screwing up the game.
    The hand-holding only lasts after the first town you visit. Once it lets go, it gets challenging very quickly. I've died multiple times already. Also when you die, you lose 10% of your money.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I had to put "X-COM" away for a while. I've restarted 3 times, and in this last game I just shot down a UFO, and in the mission I lost 3 of my 5 team members to Chrysalids. I managed to mow down all but one of them with my two remaining dudes (a sniper and a heavy), then I had my heavy line up a shot with 96% chance for a hit, and he missed. The Chrysalid then killed both of them.

See, I still really like the game a lot, but stuff like this is much more frustrating than, say, a game like "Dark Souls", where I'd have my ass handed to me but I knew it was because I wasn't good enough. With "X-COM" I lose because the game hates me.
    Those critical misses are motherfuckers.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Good to know.

So impressed with the graphics of the game. Just looking forward to being awed as I actually play.

Fantastic music as already mentioned.

If you're planning to buy Dead Space 3, do so on Amazon. They'll give you a $20 credit for a future video game purchase. Pre-orders only but if you're planning on buying it a gamestop on launch day, there's no repercussions.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What's the consensus on Bayonetta? Is it bloody?

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    What's the consensus on Bayonetta? Is it bloody?
    Not really. It's very Japanesey.

[
    ]

Dear Sucker Punch,

Thanks for screwing me on the Infamous 2 hard difficulty trophy and therefore my first platinum. Fuck you.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    If you're planning to buy Dead Space 3, do so on Amazon. They'll give you a $20 credit for a future video game purchase. Pre-orders only but if you're planning on buying it a gamestop on launch day, there's no repercussions.
    Yep, already done. They're also doing it for Crysis 3, Sim City and Army of Two.
    TV Recently Finished:

Finally did episode 2 of Walking Dead.

Who's up for steaks?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    No release date or preorders for Sim City for Mac yet. :sad: