Page 1211 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2117111111116112011209121012111212121312211261 ... LastLast
Results 30,251 to 30,275 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Remakes? Or Remasters?
    I have read remake.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

After getting all three Dark Souls 3 endings, including the Uber Hollow with wedding ending, I think it’s time to put this back on the shelf for a bit.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    Playing X-Com 2: War of the Chosen now and it added most everything I wanted in the base game: new spins on old missions, viable melee options, variable squad sizes, sub-missions offering experience and resources, etc etc.

There's a sci-fantasy plot, severely dumb RPG systems, and f'ing zombies, none of which X-Com needs, but otoh I get to control a character voiced by Commander Worf from Star Trek, so that's a win.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Troopers will grenade your ass on the first level on harder settings.
    You gave me fair warning and sure enough ... very first mission ... kaboom!

One of my biggest problems with XCOM 2 was the incredibly inconsistent art design, especially with the aliens and their tech.

Each enemy type looks like it was designed by a different person who had no communication with any of the other artists regarding consistency of style or tone.

We go from grays and creepy humanoid insects to...a flying golden angel, and a giant cobra?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Playing X-Com 2: War of the Chosen now and it added most everything I wanted in the base game: new spins on old missions, viable melee options, variable squad sizes, sub-missions offering experience and resources, etc etc.

There's a sci-fantasy plot, severely dumb RPG systems, and f'ing zombies, none of which X-Com needs, but otoh I get to control a character voiced by Commander Worf from Star Trek, so that's a win.

You gave me fair warning and sure enough ... very first mission ... kaboom!
    Yeah, the skirmisher is excellent. I use the reaper whenever I can as my forward scout. Sneak in as close as possible, then bring everyone up. The skirmisher easily replaces one of my rangers.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    One of my biggest problems with XCOM 2 was the incredibly inconsistent art design, especially with the aliens and their tech.
    Agreed, and it's weird / funny / sad because they must've been aware of it, hence the half assed explanations about alien appearance --- Bradford noting that the chryssalids are smaller than they used to be; the silly lore about the aliens all being from separate worlds, etc.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Yeah, the skirmisher is excellent. I use the reaper whenever I can as my forward scout. Sneak in as close as possible, then bring everyone up. The skirmisher easily replaces one of my rangers.
    This might be my single beef about the game --- that they fucked up the class design in the base game (lol Heavies with no rockets and over 100 aim with mods), and sorta made it worse in the expansion. Stealth made Rangers actually useful on timed missions, but why take one when you can have a Reaper or a Skirmisher?

Otoh, that first tunnel mission was pretty fucking fun so I'm not sure how much I care.

Anyone tried out Hades yet?

Yeah, Hades is great. I'm currently loving it on the Switch. Definitely the most fun I've had with a Supergiant game.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Yeah, Hades is great. I'm currently loving it on the Switch. Definitely the most fun I've had with a Supergiant game.
    Good to hear. I really liked Pyre.

Fuck it, I’m going to Platinum Dark Souls III.

That a boy. I started a platinum character once, and remember the rings seeming like the trickiest bit. Might be worth a google or two.

Oh fuck, that’s right.... the rings.

I finished the gestures and Sorceries today. That leaves miracles, Pyromancies, and... rings.

I wrote about loving Hades a while back when it was still in early access. Incredible game, so many little details and so much complexity that opens up at just the right speed. Lots of fun combinations to try, lots of ways to make the game incrementally more difficult. Having said that, once I unlocked and blooded up all four aspects of all six weapons, my desire to keep doing runs fell off. All that was left after that, it seemed, was furthering narrative stuff with the npcs, which...fine sure, but I liked the unlocking part. Gave me something to be hungry for. Still, it's incredible overall. I may go back to it now that's it's proper released.

IMO, the best aspect out of them all is Hera's bow. You have to enjoy Cast builds tho, for obvious reasons. But oh man SO much fun when you get a good Hera run. I also love Guan-Yu's spear.
    Last edited by Wryan; 09-26-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Super Mario 3D All Stars is pretty neat, but also shows how poorly 64 has aged. The camera issues make it almost unplayable by today's standards.

I've never played Sunshine, so I'm tackling that one. A couple levels in and it seems pretty neat.

Not sure how long I'm going to stick with Sunshine. The controls. Are. TERRIBLE.

Stuck in the second world on a series of very simple jumps that I cannot execute because of the controls and camera.

Thinking back, when was the last time a console gen launch went well?

This one seems particularly messy and badly handled.

But has there ever been a console launch that went smoothly? Everything happened on the dates when they were supposed to, there were plenty of consoles available, decent launch titles (I know this one is more subjective), online services ran smoothly if applicable, etc.

Thinking back, when was the last time a console gen launch went well?

This one seems particularly messy and badly handled.

But has there ever been a console launch that went smoothly? Everything happened on the dates when they were supposed to, there were plenty of consoles available, decent launch titles (I know this one is more subjective), online services ran smoothly if applicable, etc.
    To my recollection, never. Its happened so much I consider it a promotional scheme.

What was wrong with the last gen launch?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hmm...going from memory...not much really...except seemed early to me. One of the reasons I didn't jump to next level, I wasn't done with PS3. Has PS4 been remarkably better? I kinda felt like it was a mild upgrade?

Going back to PS3 is impossible for me. It takes forever to start a game. And the graphics don't seem that bad in your memory until you realize you're used to God of War and Horizon. But yeah, it wasn't a quantum leap like PS2 to PS3 because you can only switch to HD once.

I wonder if the next leap will feel bigger due to the 4k of it all.

Supply issues like mad, PS4 launch consoles had a laundry list of tech issues.

Supply issues like mad, PS4 launch consoles had a laundry list of tech issues.
    I dont recall any of this.

I have no recollection of anything PS4 launch. I think I got it months after it came out though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter