Page 1384 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 384884128413341374138213831384138513861394143414841884 ... LastLast
Results 34,576 to 34,600 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I think this is where we discuss Buffy the Vampire Slayer's narrative flaws.
    Actually, I am well aware of Buffy's narrative flaws. In fact, I have trouble rating it as a show because it is so wildly inconsistent. I also don't think it's a show for everyone, and I'm not surprised you didn't enjoy it.

You're going to have to find something that I think is perfect. Keep trying. I believe in you.

Or I could just tell you that your cat will not be going to kitty heaven when it dies.
    Seriously. She is SUCH A NAUGHTY KITTY. Did you see the picture I posted of my legs all torn up?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Just thought I would point out that Irish has decided to leave the boards for good. He has asked for his account to be disabled.
    Fucking bullshit. How much shittier can this week get?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

By the way, all the praises about Mad Men in the last two pages didn't work for me.

I already have a trashy but occasionally dull soap opera with beautiful people and quirky humor. It's called True Blood.

Call me when Don Draper snaps someone's neck around during sex.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    You're going to have to find something that I think is perfect. Keep trying. I believe in you.
    There is exactly one answer to this riddle.

Plead the fifth, Sip wine stiffly
    Patiently come up and be spiffy in a jiffy
    Gift for the grind, Criminal mind shifty
    Swift with the nine through a fifty nine fifty.

This is seriously fucked up. I don't even know the guy's real name, twitter or anything. At least I know where Meg is and I can get a hold of him after a few weeks after he cools off....

I say we don't let him get away that easy. He's gonna disappear into the internet just like everyone from the original site. Is that what we do here? 1/100 new members actually stay and contribute content and we just push them away with our silly fucking internet egos?

Fuck that shit man.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting romantisaurusrex (view post)
    There is exactly one answer to this riddle.

Someone insults The Thirteen Clocks, someone gets cut.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Actually, I am well aware of Buffy's narrative flaws. In fact, I have trouble rating it as a show because it is so wildly inconsistent. I also don't think it's a show for everyone, and I'm not surprised you didn't enjoy it.

Challenge accepted! But I don't have to think of something you find perfect and instead just defend something you find exceedingly flawed.

You're too judgemental with your old roommate.

Seriously. She is SUCH A NAUGHTY KITTY. Did you see the picture I posted of my legs all torn up?
    I did and I was waiting for the follow up post when you described symptoms of Cat Scratch Disease.

You're too judgemental with your old roommate.
    Aww.

:sad:

The truth is, I think you're probably right. She had genuine problems, including a really mean, manipulative family with mental health issues, and a TBI which messed with her cognitive functions. I sometimes feel bad for making fun of her online.

But then I stop feeling bad when she makes me crazy again.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Aww.

:sad:

The truth is, I think you're probably right. She had genuine problems, including a really mean, manipulative family with mental health issues, and a TBI which messed with her cognitive functions. I sometimes feel bad for making fun of her online.

But then I stop feeling bad when she makes me crazy again.
    No no no no no I'm sorry I'm sorry don't feel bad. The real truth is that we are all far too judgemental with people we disagree with. Myself included x 2. I was mostly just trying to tease with a grain of honesty but really really REALLY didn't want you to feel guilty.

I suck at this. Next time I'm picking on a poster I don't like. Maybe Wats. :P

I am interested in something though. I ran through about half a dozen things I think you might find "perfect" but then rationalized away mentioning them because I still saw a way you'd understand a balanced argument. So other than The Thirteen Clocks, what would you refuse to accept negative criticism on without going to Defcon 1?

I am interested in something though. I ran through about half a dozen things I think you might find "perfect" but then rationalized away mentioning them because I still saw a way you'd understand a balanced argument. So other than The Thirteen Clocks, what would you refuse to accept negative criticism on without going to Defcon 1?
    Please, it's fine. I know you weren't going for blood, because you didn't mention my religion, my family, my weight, or my complete lack of sexual experience.

Let's see... what is perfect? Jimmy Stewart. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. The Buffy episode "The Body." Fell's Point. Chicken tikka masala. Middlemarch. "Now Ida, in a hurry, snatched her Mama's yellow rain cloak, tucked her horn safe in a pocket, and made a serious mistake."
    ...and the milk's in me.

as much as Irish was prone to drive me to frustration with his arguments, i can't say i'm happy to see someone who actually contributed to discussion around here go.

Chicken tikka masala.
    Mm, this reminds me that Bartlesville, OK, ye home of barbecue and one tasty Chinese restaurant (and lots of middling Asian and American buffet food), is getting a pop-up Indian restaurant tomorrow through Saturday.

Sarah and I intend to go every day to encourage tasty Indian cuisine that's not a 50-minute drive to Tulsa.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    as much as Irish was prone to drive me to frustration with his arguments, i can't say i'm happy to see someone who actually contributed to discussion around here go.
    I often found him frustrating or hard-headed, and his method of dissecting opposing opinions syllable by syllable or equating monetary gain / popularity with quality could be baffling.

But he could also be funny, interesting, and thoughtful. So for that I'm sorry.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Irish, you beautiful beast, come back!

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Dude. Irish was one of my faves. What the HELL???

Raiders, did he give any reason as to why he was leaving? Did I miss out on an argument?

I wish I knew something about Irish IRL so I could contact him. Bummer.

He and Qrazy were sniping in the Breaking Bad thread, but nothing tragic. It was probably just a last straw in mounting frustrations.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Dude. Irish was one of my faves. What the HELL???

Raiders, did he give any reason as to why he was leaving? Did I miss out on an argument?
    It's Q's fault.

And btw, Q, I like you, but calling someone a troll when by pure definition 99% of the meme's you post in response on here is what defines a troll, should be acknowledged by you.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I sent him a PM, which apparently we can still do. Not sure if he'll actually get it, but it was worth a shot.

This sucks. Meg and Irish were good people. Prone to emotion getting the better of them at times, but still valuable members as far as I'm concerned.

Someone insults The Thirteen Clocks, someone gets cut.
    Someone insults The Thirteen Clocks, they need to have their head examined. :crazy:
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I sent him a PM, which apparently we can still do. Not sure if he'll actually get it, but it was worth a shot.

This sucks. Meg and Irish were good people. Prone to emotion getting the better of them at times, but still valuable members as far as I'm concerned.
    I IM chatted with Megs about a week ago. He seemed to be in good enough spirits. Probably taking a breather is all.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Someone insults The Thirteen Clocks, they need to have their head examined. :crazy:
    You're a good man.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Wait. Wait. Wait. What did I do?
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Match Cut really needs more posters, so losing Irish hurts even if his opinions were full of lulz.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft