Thread: Attack-Free Unpopular Opinion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is anybody really surprised to learn that Edward Norton's a giant douche?
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Is anybody really surprised to learn that Edward Norton's a giant douche?
    Stories of him being a douche aren't new, but at that same time from what I've heard its him being persistent/insistent about altering script stuff to make stories/movies better. Maybe he is. Maybe he's trying to make the art better. Maybe hes trying to make the movie better and going about it the wrong way. At any rate, has there been any stories about him doing anything...wrong? Like inappropriate? If so, sure, asshole.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Stories of him being a douche aren't new, but at that same time from what I've heard its him being persistent/insistent about altering script stuff to make stories/movies better. Maybe he is. Maybe he's trying to make the art better. Maybe hes trying to make the movie better and going about it the wrong way. At any rate, has there been any stories about him doing anything...wrong? Like inappropriate? If so, sure, asshole.
    The main douche story that I'm aware of is him recutting American History X to give himself more screen time after the studio took the film away from the director.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    The main douche story that I'm aware of is him recutting American History X to give himself more screen time after the studio took the film away from the director.
    Oh wow...I hadn't heard that. I'm not trying to defend him, I know nothing Jon Snow...but I'm slightly curious about his case because from stories I've heard have been more collaborative conflict than...abusive? Which is a subjective I'm more willing to hear than if abusive. AGAIN...I know nothing