Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: HBO's A Game of Thrones

I'm reading this fourth book, and it's... kinda bad? Like why are there so many chapters dedicated to Brienne and Samwell? I gather that Daenarys isn't even in this one.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'm reading this fourth book, and it's... kinda bad? Like why are there so many chapters dedicated to Brienne and Samwell? I gather that Daenarys isn't even in this one.
    I really love those Brienne chapters but you might want to use the A Feast with Dragons reading order if the lack of some characters bothers you. That intertwines the fourth and fifth books.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 01-30-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I really love those Brienne chapters but you might want to use the A Feast with Dragons reading order if the lack of some characters bothers you. That intertwines the fourth and fifth books.
    I have a Kindle, and no idea how to skip and move chapters around, so I'll have to deal...

You're right, the Brienne sections are the best in 4.

The Greyjoys are pretty terrible, except for the idea of Euron, which may be the worst transitioned character from book to show?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Book 3 is where the books peaked. Book 4 was a steep decline from there, and book 5 is better, but not by a whole lot.

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Book 3 is where the books peaked. Book 4 was a steep decline from there, and book 5 is better, but not by a whole lot.
    Inclined to agree. Debating on moving on to another book at this point, especially since I feel there's never going to be a "Book ending" anyway.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Inclined to agree. Debating on moving on to another book at this point, especially since I feel there's never going to be a "Book ending" anyway.
    Yeah, at this point, I’ve also given up hope on the books ever having an ending, too. :\

Yeah book 4 is somewhat awful actually. I put it down for a few months about halfway through. I finished it recently and it gets a little better towards the end. Nothing much happens though and why do I need to read about Cersei's dress puddling to the ground - twice? This book needed some MAJOR editing. I've also heard that book 3 is the best and that 5 is significantly better than book 4. At least I didn't catch any grammatical errors in this one.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    Yeah book 4 is somewhat awful actually. I put it down for a few months about halfway through. I finished it recently and it gets a little better towards the end. Nothing much happens though and why do I need to read about Cersei's dress puddling to the ground - twice? This book needed some MAJOR editing. I've also heard that book 3 is the best and that 5 is significantly better than book 4. At least I didn't catch any grammatical errors in this one.
    By the end of five, I was confused why it needed to be split into two. With some editing, that could've easily been one book, because between the two (but especially in four), from what I can recall, there is so much filler.

Grammatical errors?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Grammatical errors?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
    Yeah he uses the word "of" a couple of times when "have" should have been used. As in "he could of done that...". I've never read a book that makes that error. There's another one I can't think of. Maybe 5 errors in the first 2 or 3 books. Who did the editing?!

Yeah he uses the word "of" a couple of times when "have" should have been used. As in "he could of done that...". I've never read a book that makes that error. There's another one I can't think of. Maybe 5 errors in the first 2 or 3 books. Who did the editing?!
    The Onion Knight.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    Heard about this spin-off, but I didn't think it would already come next year with a proper trailer already.

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Remember hearing about that. Is anyone going to really be interested? The show ended so poorly and the new books look like they'll ever happen. I feel like the hype is gone.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I didn't think the show ended poorly. Yes, it was somewhat disappointing particularly with how the Night King was resolved.

I didn't think the show ended poorly.
    Dude, it was the worst ending to a TV show I've ever witnessed. It was so bad it killed one of the biggest fandoms in History.

Whoa, HBO just put the pilot for House Of The Dragon up on Youtube for free!: https://youtu.be/XrMdo8jF5Dg

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Whoa, HBO just put the pilot for House Of The Dragon up on Youtube for free!: https://youtu.be/XrMdo8jF5Dg
    That's crazy, I just pirated it last night. Pretty good start, too.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728