Thread: Game of Thrones (Season 7)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think you can have your TV show make so much of the ick factor of the Lannister incest and then have your two most iconic characters end up in an incestuous romantic relationship. I don't think it's happening, even understanding the history. I think they're more likely to war against each other.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I don't think you can have your TV show make so much of the ick factor of the Lannister incest and then have your two most iconic characters end up in an incestuous romantic relationship. I don't think it's happening, even understanding the history. I think they're more likely to war against each other.
    The Targaryens are not only fine with incest, they actually encourage it to keep their bloodstream pure like real life clans used to do. So Daenerys finding out about Jon being his nephew would most likely make her very happy. She could even take it as a sign.

I don't think the show is as icky as you say about Cersei-Jaime. It's simply that the society they live in now considers it taboo as opposed to the realm under Targaryen rule. But Jaime is genuinely in love with his sister. And Cersei is as in love as a sociopath can be. None of their children show signs of retardation - Joffrey is just a cunt.