Page 1254 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 254754115412041244125212531254125512561264 ... LastLast
Results 31,326 to 31,350 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Picked up...
    Judgment (PS5)
    Devil May Cry 5 (PS5)
    Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition (PS5)
    Middle Earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition (PS4)
    Dishonored 1/2 and Prey Collection (PS4)

And added Observer (PS5) to my pre-orders.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

My question was read on the Giant Bombcast!!!

Woo hoo!! I'm a celebrity!

Finally decided to jump into the PS4 version of Spider-Man and holy buckets is it fun.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I will be getting one.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Finally decided to jump into the PS4 version of Spider-Man and holy buckets is it fun.
    Yes it is!! So good!

And if you are a trophy hunter, the platinum is very easily attainable.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    OH SHIT.

MUST HAVE
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What a crazy plot twist that the Switch Pro ended up being made by Valve.

- - - - -
    I love new hardware and seeing the enthusiasm online is fun but otoh ... yeesh.

Not gonna lie, cool concept but it'll likely be a complete clusterfuck. Remember Steam Machines? SteamOS? Steam Controller? Other, weird Linux driven platforms like Ouya?

The lesson of the last 50 years is: Never buy hardware from companies with little to no experience building hardware, especially if they don't have the money or the will to market it at scale.

Steamheld(tm) will be all the headaches of PC gaming in handheld form, and the mainstream consumer marketplace won't tolerate that.

The marketplace barely has enough room for 3 platforms and it's difficult if not impossible for third parties to make a place for themselves. There's definitely potential here, but Valve won't be the ones to realize it.

Interesthing, tho, that MSFT XBox seeks to exit the hardware business while Valve looks for a way in.
    Last edited by Irish; 07-15-2021 at 09:46 PM.

I wonder if you could wirelessly connect it to your TV.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I love new hardware and seeing the enthusiasm online is fun but otoh ... yeesh.

Not gonna lie, cool concept but it'll likely be a complete clusterfuck. Remember Steam Machines? SteamOS? Steam Controller? Other, weird Linux driven platforms like Ouya?

The lesson of the last 50 years is: Never buy hardware from companies with little to no experience building hardware, especially if they don't have the money or the will to market it at scale.

Steamheld(tm) will be all the headaches of PC gaming in handheld form, and the mainstream consumer marketplace won't tolerate that.

The marketplace barely has enough room for 3 platforms and it's difficult if not impossible for third parties to make a place for themselves. There's definitely potential here, but Valve won't be the ones to realize it.

Interesthing, tho, that MSFT XBox seeks to exit the hardware business while Valve looks for a way in.
    Through this whole post I kept thinking... this is why I shyed away from Xbox every year... until you mentioned marketing. Which is exactly what will kill this project. Low sales. Fewer users. No motivation to improve hardware or keep producing these things.

I'm definitely picking one up.. because there's about 700 games in my steam account that I don't want to play on my desktop and would rather play more casually on the couch or away from my house entirely.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Through this whole post I kept thinking... this is why I shyed away from Xbox every year... until you mentioned marketing. Which is exactly what will kill this project. Low sales. Fewer users. No motivation to improve hardware or keep producing these things.

I'm definitely picking one up.. because there's about 700 games in my steam account that I don't want to play on my desktop and would rather play more casually on the couch or away from my house entirely.
    Yah, I avoided the 360 due to RROD. I heard MSFT spent $4 billion dealing with it, from repairs to returns to re-engineering the 360's internals multiple times. Companies like Google and Valve simply don't have that level of resolve.

Part of my doubts about the Steamheld are about the software, though, not the hardware. PC games are designed for big screens, and many games will not play well on a small screen because they weren't designed for it. This is aside from optimization issues around weaker hardware. Cf: Shitty PC ports on Switch.

Valve also just de facto committed PC developers without their input and without an additional financial incentive. If I were a developer, I'd be pissed. So I don't think that will play out well longer term.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Part of my doubts about the Steamheld are about the software, though, not the hardware. PC games are designed for big screens, and many games will not play well on a small screen because they weren't designed for it.
    This is it for me. Almost every game I play on PC (strategy, sims, city-builders, etc.) has a complex UI that would never work on a handheld. It's a nifty idea, and I have no doubt it will be intensely loved by a small core group, but it's not for me.

- - - - -

^ Good overview of the Deck's potential as well as some drawbacks. Worth watching if you enjoy discussions about hardware and specs.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    This is it for me. Almost every game I play on PC (strategy, sims, city-builders, etc.) has a complex UI that would never work on a handheld. It's a nifty idea, and I have no doubt it will be intensely loved by a small core group, but it's not for me.
    I wanna see if developers will dumb down their interfaces and scopes so games work better on the Deck --- sorta seen in the difference between Civ 6 and Civ: Revolutions.

This happened with consoles back in the day and originally people beefed but a coupla generations in and nobody notices.

I'm not buying it for AAA gaming. I'm buying it for Telltale, Hotline Miami, Disco Asylum, and the 1001 other Indy games that are tied to my steam account.

I'm continually impressed by the creativity of people on the internet:

[]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Is anyone else playing Griftlands on PS4/PS5?

I've been playing for a couple of weeks and had the weirdest thing happen. A bunch of the controls changed when I started it today.

I splurged on a pretty big pile of games, all of which are either SoulsLikes or XCOM style tactical strategy.

Can post titled and thoughts once I get to try them!

Activision Blizzard being sued by the state of California.

Yikes.

I hope this creates some major change in that work place, because the stuff being said is pretty shocking.

Duuuuuuuuuke....

[]

Can't effing wait.

#1 most anticipated game.

- - - - -
    Playing some afternoon hooky and sitting in a Skyrim modders discord channel.

This is my life now, lol

OMG YES

- - - - -
    Are you excited about Dead Space or Skyrim modding?

(I will assume the latter)