Haha
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I was going to do a post last night about my 'Get Home' Bag that I bring with me every day, but not sure how it would be received. Then South Minneapolis exploded last night, and I'll probably do the post later today....

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Makes perfect sense to me, sir. I've had bag of...(answers?)...in every car I've owned since I got my license.

That bag looks...premium.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Minneapolis does not look good right now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Makes perfect sense to me, sir. I've had bag of...(answers?)...in every car I've owned since I got my license.

That bag looks...premium.
    I do like my MaxPeditions....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Minneapolis does not look good right now.
    Only now getting up to speed on what was going on. We live about 18 blocks south of where the riots were going on. We could hear the pops and booms of I presume gunfire and shit blowing up, and it was freaking the dogs out.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Gunshots as well as fireworks. Reports say that fireworks were used to start the fire at the AutoZone.

Be safe guys. Who knows what people will think looting around the area... esp at night.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Fortunately we were well away from it, but I have a buddy (Ski) who lives a block south of Lake/Chicago, which looks to have been the epicenter. He was able to watch from his front porch as the liquor store was broken into and throngs of looters cleared the place out. Fortunately, the crowd stayed away from his house, but I woulda been freaking out if I was that close to the mayhem.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Bag Contents:

Strapped to the outside:
    Blaze orange paracord wrapped around the molle straps (did this so I could use the pack during deer hunting)
    40oz Water Bottle
    Benchmade 162 Knife in custom Kydex sheath
    Leatherman Rebar
    Couple plastic bag in my circular snus pouch (quit the snus awhile back)

Top Pouch:
    Small roll Gorilla Tape
    Head Lamp
    Small knife sharpener
    Two 9mm Magazines

Bottom Pouch:
    Warm neck gaiter (use it hunting, might as well keep it in)
    Small portable battery
    Compass
    Folding hand saw
    Disposable Gloves (and one pair of gut gloves, 'cause hunting)
    Fire starters

Main Pouch
    North Face Nano Puff jacket
    Bivy Sack
    Dude Wipes
    Outdoor Research rain jacket
    First Aid Tape
    Emergency Blanket
    Blood Clotting agent
    Halo Chest Seal
    OLAES Modular Bandage 4"
    CZ 75 P-01 9MM pistol
    Scout Sheath for Benchmade 162 w/ ferro rod
    Zip lock blade with assorted minor first aid stuff and another pair of disposable gloves.

EDIT: I'm not going to embed pictures unless anyone has specific questions.
    Last edited by Scar; 05-28-2020 at 01:38 PM.

...and a set of gloves.

Where do you keep your brass knuckles?

Scar have we ever got your review of The Edge, with Sir Anthony Hopkins?

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Where do you keep your brass knuckles?
    Ha. Never did own a pair. I’ve considered a collapsible baton.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Scar have we ever got your review of The Edge, with Sir Anthony Hopkins?
    Saw it many moons ago. I recall enjoying it. It was always nice seeing Bart the Bear in a good film.

Just like my tent, I picked up my Overkill shotgun today:

It's basically the AK-47 of shotguns. Beat the fuck out of it, forget to clean it for years, and she'll keep throwing lead, (except for the mini shells). FSFB says he's breaking the 15th commandment, "Though shall not covet your best friend's shotgun".

Not cheap, but I've been hemming and hawing over it for damn near twenty years. The extra protective coating on the H20 is beyond overkill, but, hey, it's me.

I have no desire to use it for its intended purpose, but I certainly will train with it. Already ordered a replacement titanium magazine tube for it, (American version is restricted to five rounds, so it'll hold 7. Also ordered an oversized charging handle / bolt handle and speed bar for it. The speed bar installs over the small bolt release, one of the few complaints that people have about this tank.

I've also installed my EoTech holographic sight on it. I had originally had that on my KSG, which I sold today. Not sure if I'll keep it on there since my iron sights don't co witness with it. We'll see.

Damn. I want one.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

After cutting up several sizable logs, I test drove my new Fiskars 8 pound splitting maul. Oh my, it does the job. I may be sore, but it split far better then the four pound maul I picked up over a decade ago. They also make a lighter splitting axe if the maul is too.... daunting.

I had an interesting camping trip this weekend. Had to scramble the family last night at 12:30 am and evacuate our site ahead of a storm rolling through with 75 mph winds that was knocking over trees. No time to decamp, just grabbed whatever we could throw in the back of the SUV and got the hell outa there, leaving the tent and pop-up behind to the fates.

We rolled back in this morning not knowing if the tent and pop up shelter would be still standing. Fortunately they were still there thanks to some really hard ground I staked them into, but there was standing water in the tent and one of the sleeping bags was soaked.

Fortunately there was a really nice beach nearby that we discovered last night so we were able to hang out there for a few hours while everything dried. Got back to our site at around 2:30 pm, hot as hell, and, oh joy, another t-storm is rolling through after dinner. No thanks. Maybe if I had a stronger tent and no dogs/kids, I’d tough it out, but no. I am in the mood for some air conditioning and some quiet, and perhaps a gin and tonic without having to slap away mosquitoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps a gin and tonic? Be honest, you had one mixed while typing this up ;-)

Good that you were safe and all your stuff was safe.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    At least you beat out the storm.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Successful deer hunt. I’ll have a spoilered post in the future about shot placement and bullet selection. Long story short, first time hunter wounded a deer the day prior. I saw it the next day hobbling along at 90 yards. Anchored it in its spot to end its suffering. Front right quarter is a waste. I was furious when I saw it. Glad I ended it’s suffering. It’s a great lesson for my nephew, but now the ‘neighbor’ is denying it was there’s, even though it matches everything to a t that they were looking for the day prior.

The first time hunter was not from our crew.

Time for another beer.

Would they get fined if it was confirmed to be theirs?

I don’t think so. As my younger brother told his son: “Don’t take a shot you can’t make. Don’t shoot something unless you know you’re going to kill it.”

I understand not everyone is a great shot. Not everyone puts the time in to know what their rifle likes ammo wise. I understand buck fever. I was ready to talk to the first time hunter when I thought they were going to stop by. But when they suddenly switched positions, it just really pissed me off.

My mom stopped me from taking the bullet’s jacket and front leg to their house and dropping it on their steps.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast