Thread: The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's that list at?

I'd say that yes, The Dark Knight Strikes Again is totally something people should read. That thing is insane. It's an audacious, glorious mess.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Where's that list at?
    Well, frankly, it's very difficult to find out without buying the book. Best I could do is this: http://www.listchallenges.com/1001-c...-die-1970-2011

... which pretty arbitrarily only features comics from 1970 onwards.

Quote Quoting D_Davis
    I'd say that yes, The Dark Knight Strikes Again is totally something people should read. That thing is insane. It's an audacious, glorious mess.
    I don't dislike it as much now as when I first read it, but come on - would you really recommend it as its own thing other than a caricature of Dark Knight Returns?

The full list is on the official site: http://www.paulgravett.com/1001_comics/1001_atoz/

It's an interesting list for sure. Lots of variety and lots of stuff I haven't read.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I don't dislike it as much now as when I first read it, but come on - would you really recommend it as its own thing other than a caricature of Dark Knight Returns?
    It's precisely because of the way it characterizes DKR that I would recommend it. I appreciate that it's basically a big FUCK YOU to the fans. It's punk rock.