Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
That shot in particular is something pundits are going to lose their mind over this award season for a myriad of reasons.
Dunno which shot you mean, but the shot with the [
] is probably one of the toughest I'm gonna see this year.

This movie has moved me quite a bit even if character arcs could have been more convincing. Great observation by Spinal when he says that Ally's rise to stardom felt unearned - or a bit too easy - because of the person who was playing her. Still, should we hold that against the movie or is that our own preconceptions getting in the way? I mean, Lady Gaga was really good, which isn't a phrase I ever pictured myself writing in the last couple of months, let alone in this lifetime. She's so good in fact that calling her Lady Gaga is just weird. She's got an actual name you know. It's Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, which I grant you is a helluva mouthful, but it seems more fitting now that she's established herself as a legitimate actress. I'm rooting for Bradley come Oscar night. I read he sang his own songs, that's just fantastic.

And I know for a fact it is no coincidence that Greg Grunberg and Ron Rifkin are in this. Shit like that makes me geek out a little bit.