Thread: COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    In MA the State Police is monitoring Cape Code for all NY license plates and mandating them to self isolate for 2 weeks.

My post above is probably an overreaction. I forgot how many people die in a city with 11 million people a month without COVID 19.
    My liberal friends all hate Trump and are starting to love Cuomo, but on this particular issue I get where Trump is coming from. It's straight out of the Outbreak type movie playbooks. I don't think they won't get supplies (which is what Cuomo is probably worried about) but I don't understand why having a National Guard barrier between these states (and grounded all airplanes in/out of them) for a few weeks is a bad thing. You can let essential supplies and trucks and commerce through. Just no state-to-state non official business standard autos (w/o prior approval).
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    My liberal friends all hate Trump and are starting to love Cuomo, but on this particular issue I get where Trump is coming from. It's straight out of the Outbreak type movie playbooks. I don't think they won't get supplies (which is what Cuomo is probably worried about) but I don't understand why having a National Guard barrier between these states (and grounded all airplanes in/out of them) for a few weeks is a bad thing. You can let essential supplies and trucks and commerce through. Just no state-to-state non official business standard autos (w/o prior approval).
    Because 'freedom' and all that jazz. I don't think people realize just how serious the situation is. I get that's all the news talks about 24/7 but what people don't realize is the more they cooperate, the quicker this situation goes away. And because of slow reaction from states like FL, I think we have the whole month of April and May to get this under control.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    My liberal friends all hate Trump and are starting to love Cuomo
    Speaking of which, I keep reading stuff saying that Cuomo could make a late push for a Presidential run. Is that realistically possible given how late we are into primary season, or are people just that butthurt over Biden most likely becoming the nominee?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Speaking of which, I keep reading stuff saying that Cuomo could make a late push for a Presidential run. Is that realistically possible given how late we are into primary season, or are people just that butthurt over Biden most likely becoming the nominee?
    I've heard this too. I don't think it's possible unless something catastrophic happens to Biden (beyond him being senile). You're going to thwart democracy and irritate the large swaths of African American and older voters that enthusiastically voted for Biden. I do think Trump has a big leg up on him right now. People can criticize him all they want, but the optics are Trump looks presidential while Biden talks to people from a crappy webcam from his house. But I think the economy and what happens with the COVID stuff will be enormous come around October. We'll see.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6