Page 1816 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 816131617161766180618141815181618171818182618661916 ... LastLast
Results 45,376 to 45,400 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I would keep complaining about raising whatever the basic universal income is going to be.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I cant wait until no one has any skills because there would be zero incentive to go to college.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If your only incentive for learning a skill is to get a job, maybe you don't need to have those skills. It's a good thing that plenty of people actually enjoy self-betterment in of itself.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    College wasn't always viewed as a trade school

Cash payouts are the weakest incentive in the world, beyond a certain point

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    If your only incentive for learning a skill is to get a job, maybe you don't need to have those skills. It's a good thing that plenty of people actually enjoy self-betterment in of itself.
    Main reason for getting my masters in teaching is to get a job as a teacher tbh.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Cash payouts are the weakest incentive in the world, beyond a certain point
    I tend to view "the carrot or the stick?" as a trick question.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    No, Not just learning a skill. That would be stupid. Learning a USEFUL skill that more people than just yourself value. Otherwise, all those things you enjoy so much, like infrastructure, electricity, and Hollywood studios to make those Fast and Furious movies.... won't exist.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I long for the day when the revelation of a cheap, pollutionless, renewable energy source destroys every conception of current society.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I long for the day when the revelation of a cheap, pollutionless, renewable energy source destroys every conception of current society.
    Because life is so shitty right now??

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    No, Not just learning a skill. That would be stupid. Learning a USEFUL skill that more people than just yourself value. Otherwise, all those things you enjoy so much, like infrastructure, electricity, and Hollywood studios to make those Fast and Furious movies.... won't exist.
    Did you think I was talking about, what, knitting yarn? People learn science and tech for their own betterment and the pursuit of knowledge. That's how we got them in the first place. If you're talking about just their implementation to create infrastructure and maintain them, that is where the robots come in. Automation is inevitable, anyway. There is no way that the future isn't less labor.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Because life is so shitty right now??
    What? With the advent of a cheap clean renewable fuel source, technology would explode. Fuel is one of the biggest problems to solve with inventions. If we could figure out how to fly around the world on a handful of grass clippings, we'd have a Moon colony scheduled in a year.

Weird, the entire Off Topic sub forum disappeared for me from the main page.

Only way I got here was through a Rep comment.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Hey punks. I'm moving to Baltimore next week. Any hot tips?

Cool. Back in the states for good?

I'm sure Mara would have some good stuff for you, but she hasn't posted since March. Hopefully she's just been busy from her move and whatnot and not that she's gone for good.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I can ask her to stop by, she's active on Facebook...

Seriously is the Off Topic section gone for anyone else?

Not me, I see it. How are you viewing it? Screen grab?

Yeah, I still see it as well.

Same. PM Arya.

Yeah, send me a screenshot.
    Movie Theater Diary

I figured it out. I must have accidentally hit the minimize arrow in the top right corner.

Shut up.

Glad its fixed for ya!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I figured it out. I must have accidentally hit the minimize arrow in the top right corner.

Shut up.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

Shut up.
    I did the exact same thing once.