Page 1244 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 244744114411941234124212431244124512461254 ... LastLast
Results 31,076 to 31,100 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

The final boss for the Foundation DLC of Control is so hard it is absurd. Harder than anything I've come up against in a From game.

When most online guides for a boss say "go into game settings and turn on immortality", your boss is too hard.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

PS5 exclusive Returnal does this weird thing where you pull left trigger halfway for normal fire mode, then all the way for secondary fire mode. Doesn't seem like it would work, but apparently it does due to DualSense haptic feedback.

If I had a PS5, this would be a no-brainer day-one purchase. Housemarque makes good fucking video games. Meg, are you gonna get it?

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    PS5 exclusive Returnal does this weird thing where you pull left trigger halfway for normal fire mode, then all the way for secondary fire mode. Doesn't seem like it would work, but apparently it does due to DualSense haptic feedback.

If I had a PS5, this would be a no-brainer day-one purchase. Housemarque makes good fucking video games. Meg, are you gonna get it?
    Yeppers. Can't wait.

Took a break from Control to try out Hitman (2016).

Super cool. Not sure I'll ever be very good at it, though. I'm not very good at stealth games. Adding the kind of "puzzle game" element on top of it, and I'm nearly lost.

Although I will say I am not buying Returnal until it is officially out and there are a decent amount of reviews and quick looks.

New release games are $90-$100 in Canada now. I'm not dropping that kind of money without being 110% sure I'm going to love it.

For those of you, like me, who intend on purchasing a PS5 one day: you can add the free PS Plus PS5 games to your library without owning a PS5. Use the PS website or app. I just added Oddworld: Soulstorm to my library, and will soon be adding Wreckfest. I wish I'd known this earlier... I missed out on Bugsnax, Worms Rumble, Maneater, Destruction Allstars, and Control Ultimate Edition.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Holy shit. Doing it now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Yes the joke has been made before, but this format was too good to ignore.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

IS and Duke (and anyone else who will be getting a PS5 and downloading those games)...

Be careful when you actually go to download them. For some reason when the game is both PS4 and PS5, it defaults to downloading either BOTH, or only the PS4 version.

Happened to me with both Maneater and Control.

If you're like me and have download caps, it could potentially screw you over.

Just a friendly FYI

Reviews for Returnal are really good!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Reviews for Returnal are really good!
    It looks awesome. I hope it's a huge hit for the studio. Could pick up a bunch of Hades fans looking for the next thing.

Voltage!!!
    Last week's two Amiga 500 big box purchases for my collection.

Put the pics in spoiler warning cause I think they're stretching the page a bit.

[]
    Last edited by Lasse; 05-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Three and a half’s! Haven’t seen them for quite some time. :-)
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

It looks awesome. I hope it's a huge hit for the studio. Could pick up a bunch of Hades fans looking for the next thing.
    The only thing turning me off from it at this point (aside from the price) is that apparently the runs are REALLY long, and there are zero checkpoints or save points at all.

It's rare that I have 3 hours to play uninterrupted.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    It's rare that I have 3 hours to play uninterrupted.
    No saves is a little weird, sure, but I'm pretty sure the only times I've closed a game on my PS4 is when the power's gone out. Resume feature makes this complaint moot for me personally.

No saves is a little weird, sure, but I'm pretty sure the only times I've closed a game on my PS4 is when the power's gone out. Resume feature makes this complaint moot for me personally.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're meaning by "resume feature", but this is something they've talked about at length in the reviews.

You can't really do that. The closest you can get is putting the PS5 in rest mode. But the PS5's rest mode is notoriously buggy.

So, you can leave the game, but you cannot do anything else on your PS5 (except visit the PS Store) without closing the game.

I never quit games on my PS4. Rest mode works beautifully. Therefore no need for saving in a roguelike. If PS5 rest mode/suspend/resume whatever you want to call it is currently buggy, I trust Sony will fix it. The only reason I ever quit a game is to play another game. Media apps work while a game is suspended, at least on the PS4.

So what you're saying may be true on the PS5, but it's not true on the PS4, indicating it will eventually be "fixed" on the PS5.
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 05-01-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Three and a half’s! Haven’t seen them for quite some time. :-)
    I must say that 30 year old magnetic media isn’t as stable as it used to be. I have installed a USB solution on the machine, but the feeling when you pop in a 3,5” is second to none.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

That gripe with the name of the game is so weird. Returnal sounds nothing like urinal. Housemarque's games tend to have names cobbled from two words, like "Resogun", "Matterfall". Returnal is just return and eternal.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    That gripe with the name of the game is so weird. Returnal sounds nothing like urinal. Housemarque's games tend to have names cobbled from two words, like "Resogun", "Matterfall". Returnal is just return and eternal.
    And Urinal.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Jen officially has the most played game on our Playstations, with Stardew Valley at 1300 hours.

Next is Dark Souls 2 at 300!

Baha.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I just played the Resident Evil 8 demo. Holy shit.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    I must say that 30 year old magnetic media isn’t as stable as it used to be. I have installed a USB solution on the machine, but the feeling when you pop in a 3,5” is second to none.
    The sound of it is magic

I think I'm hooked on Hitman.

Took a few missions to get on its pacing but now I'm loving it. Had to learn the importance of patience, getting a very neutral outfit that will get you into most places unnoticed and allow you to explore as much as possible.

Love the bits of environmental story telling, and listening to peoples' conversations and using the information.

Whole presentation is incredible. Looks and sounds amazing. I imagine they have increased the visuals on PS5 because the game play looks better than the cinematics*.

Still loving trying to kill the targets in the weirdest/funniest ways possible.

It can also be fun to pull a GTA and see if I can get myself in huge trouble then get out of it and still complete the mission.

Really fun.

*verified that there are graphical upgrades when played on PS5