Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Thread

What's going on with Hickman's "New Avengers"? I haven't seen anything announced with that one yet. Is it coming later?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    What's going on with Hickman's "New Avengers"? I haven't seen anything announced with that one yet. Is it coming later?
    Hickman's Avengers titles are the only new title about which there have been no summaries or art examples or announcements of any kind really.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Hickman's Avengers titles are the only new title about which there have been no summaries or art examples or announcements of any kind really.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Dustin Weaver should be finishing SHIELD and not illustrating X-Men books and Avengers covers.

It's rather nice of those covers to orchestrate it so that no matter the cover, my eyeline goes right to Cap/Thor/Iron Man's crotch.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Hopeless/Larroca: Wanted
    Hopeless/Walker: Survive

What do we think these are? I'm guessing at least a Cable-centric book for one of them...

Hopeless is a good writer, so this bodes well.

Yep. The Bolts. Pretty lazy line-up.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm interested to see how Way writes the Punisher into this business...

You'll love this, 8:

I don't know if you'll actually love it.

I thought it was a fun cover homage at first. Then I read the synopsis.

They are literally taking Avengers Academy students to an arena and making them kill each other.

:|
    Movie Theater Diary

I'll likely check out the trade, as Hopeless and Walker are good peeps. Plus, Hickman says that of all the NOW! pitches, this was the best. Hopefully there are some tricks up their sleeves.

Does anyone else find many of the Marvel NOW! titles more creative and exciting than most all of last year's New 52?

I'm a DC guy through and through, but the NOW! stuff looks to potentially kick the New 52's butt.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Does anyone else find many of the Marvel NOW! titles more creative and exciting than most all of last year's New 52?

I'm a DC guy through and through, but the NOW! stuff looks to potentially kick the New 52's butt.
    No they both look equally generic to me.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I'll definitely concede that the cover art seems to be much more ambitious on a whole.

To make a point, good cover by Larroca. Not gonna read this book, and I'm sad it's replacing Uncanny X-Force, which has been a heckuva series.

Gonna be some tough decisions for
    me... They all look pretty good.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    No they both look equally generic to me.

Yeah but you put your nose up at all big 2 superhero stuff now, so your vote counts for half at best :P

What the fuck, I though the BR-style round Avengers Arena logo is just for the BR parody cover, but that is the series' actual logo? Come on.

Movie Theater Diary

Decided to try out Uncanny Avengers, since it caught my eye.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Decided to try out Uncanny Avengers, since it caught my eye.
    What'd you think? I thought it was pretty fun, just the right amount of over-the-top ridiculous superheroics. Remender is great at this kind of story, so I'm excited for the rest.

Not as much as I am for Hickman's Avengers, though. If that winds up being even a fraction as awesome as his FF, it'll really be something.

when does hickman's avengers start?

Quote Quoting sevenarts (view post)
    What'd you think? I thought it was pretty fun, just the right amount of over-the-top ridiculous superheroics. Remender is great at this kind of story, so I'm excited for the rest.

Not as much as I am for Hickman's Avengers, though. If that winds up being even a fraction as awesome as his FF, it'll really be something.
    Yeah, the final set of panels was a bit ridiculous, but I like it as a start.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    Anybody read the Marvel Now Point One? The Fraction/Allred FF story was GREAT, and has me even more excited than ever for that series. The rest of the series previewed here - Secret Avengers, Young Avengers, Nova, Cable & X-Force, Guardians of the Galaxy - didn't do too much to excite me, at least in this short form. Only Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers/Fake Nick Fury stuff was actually bad, the rest just weren't series I was planning on reading, and they didn't really pique my interest much based on these snippets.

More than a little wary that D'Armata is coloring New Avengers. He destroyed Epting's work on Brub's Cap.

The three Thors from Aaron's upcoming run.

Apparently old Thor isn't just missing an eye like his dad. His arms have been replaced with a Destroyer's.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast