Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: The Upcoming Film Discussion Thread?

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate

WANT

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118030985

David Milch is heading into "Heavy Rain," signing to adapt the noir-style videogame with Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne producing through their Unique Features banner.

As first reported on Variety.com, "Rain" is being developed via Unique's first-look deal with Warner Bros., which is fast-tracking the project. Milch will start writing "Rain" once he's finished work on the first season of HBO's horse-racing series "Luck," on which he's creator and exec producer.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    making a thread about this soon...

While Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller updated fans on potential sequels to both Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street reboots, he didn't really mentioned any of the other projects they've been attacked to. This evening he answered a slew of Twitter followers who wanted better news on the long-gestured Monster Squad remake. "Since a few people asked, 'Monster Squad' is being written and he hope to have a script in the next few weeks," he quite simply stated. So while progress is dead on new Freddy and Jason movies, it sounds as if Paramount PIctures is still hoping to give the go ahead to their Rob Cohen-directed Monster Squad remake that is being penned by Mark and Brian Gunn
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    making a thread about this soon...
    Monster Squad remake could only be better than the original.

Ehh ... but then again ...
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

http://www.ioncinema.com/news/id/609...id-with-a-bike

"the Dardenne Bros.' latest, which is being readied for the Croisette is now going by the symbolic title of The Kid With a Bike or once again in French, Le Gamin au vélo.

This will be at Cannes apparently. Here's hoping for something of a bounce back from the underwhelming Lorna's Silence.

Looking at the list of upcoming films, and it looks like Cannes has the possibility of being huge this year. Malick, Wong, Trier, Dardenne, Lanthimos, Garrel, Kaurismäki, Cronenberg, Allen, Coppola, Campos (finally!), Koreeda, Sokurov, Tarr and Dumont all have films ready to go. Haneke might too.

Yeah 2011 is looking pretty awesome.

Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    In the Qing Dynasty (Jia)
    Oh hell yes. This one should be interesting.

Still waiting on Hou's The Assassin as well. Years ago I remember seeing an interview with him talking about his plans for the film.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting soitgoes... (view post)
    Looking at the list of upcoming films, and it looks like Cannes has the possibility of being huge this year. Malick, Wong, Trier, Dardenne, Lanthimos, Garrel, Kaurismäki, Cronenberg, Allen, Coppola, Campos (finally!), Koreeda, Sokurov, Tarr and Dumont all have films ready to go. Haneke might too.
    Ya, and Robert De Niro's head of the jury this year. Over/under on the number of post-1990 movies highlighted in the opening ceremony career retrospective clip package?

Quote Quoting Adam (view post)
    Ya, and Robert De Niro's head of the jury this year. Over/under on the number of post-1990 movies highlighted in the opening ceremony career retrospective clip package?
    Only one film will be featured. They will do away with clips, and show The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle in its entirety.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting soitgoes... (view post)
    Only one film will be featured. They will do away with clips, and show The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle in its entirety.
    That'd be great. I've been thinking about watching that one again.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Coens to Direct a Full-On Horror Movie?

Yes yes yes please please please please!!!
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Coens to Direct a Full-On Horror Movie?

Yes yes yes please please please please!!!
    It's phrased in a funny way. They did the same thing in Burn After Reading in a few interviews.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Horror movie, schmorror movie. It's a good thing that no matter what kind of movie they say they're gonna make, it's almost always basically just a Coen brother movie.

So I just watched the trailer for this film Trust with Clive Owen and Catherine Keener, in which they play the parents of a child who develops a relationship with someone online. He says he is her age, into the same things she is, they hit it off, etc. Then he asks her to meet.

She goes to meet him in what looks like a shopping mall (it's a public place) and he is actually a grown man.

She goes with him and (I guess) he rapes her.

I would hope that this is explained better in the actual film, but from watching the trailer I was left with this question:

WHY WOULD SHE GO WITH HIM?

If he shows up and is not at all who he said he was, would she not immediately just be like "wow, you're a creeper, nevermind"?

She's a teenage girl and unless she's been living under a rock, shouldn't she know that this kind of stuff happens, and predators like this exist?

Like I said, I hope they have some explanation for it in the film, because I just couldn't stop thinking that all these horrors that happened to her, and the subsequent pain she and her family went through, could have been avoided if she just didn't go with him.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So I just watched the trailer for this film Trust with Clive Owen and Catherine Keener, in which they play the parents of a child who develops a relationship with someone online. He says he is her age, into the same things she is, they hit it off, etc. Then he asks her to meet.

She goes to meet him in what looks like a shopping mall (it's a public place) and he is actually a grown man.

She goes with him and (I guess) he rapes her.

I would hope that this is explained better in the actual film, but from watching the trailer I was left with this question:

WHY WOULD SHE GO WITH HIM?

If he shows up and is not at all who he said he was, would she not immediately just be like "wow, you're a creeper, nevermind"?

She's a teenage girl and unless she's been living under a rock, shouldn't she know that this kind of stuff happens, and predators like this exist?

Like I said, I hope they have some explanation for it in the film, because I just couldn't stop thinking that all these horrors that happened to her, and the subsequent pain she and her family went through, could have been avoided if she just didn't go with him.
    Looks powerful.

[youtube]6JkVVRugCP8[/youtube]

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That trailer doesn't mention the fact that it's directed by David Schwimmer, heh.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    That trailer doesn't mention the fact that it's directed by David Schwimmer, heh.

Yeah I noticed that when I looked it up on IMDb for any possible plot points explaining why she would go with him in the first place.

Sure, the film is titled "TRUST"...but (and maybe this is just me) if I were to arrange to meet someone I'd been talking to online, and they weren't who they said they were, my "trust" in them would go right out the window that instant.

And to further that, if they wanted me to go with them to their car, I'm not going to.

You're not a lovestruck fourteen year old girl. From the trailer and the reviews I've read from TIFF, she actually consents to the sex and denies it was rape, going so far as to defend the guy. These things happen. A lot, actually.
    Movie Theater Diary

You're not a lovestruck fourteen year old girl. From the trailer and the reviews I've read from TIFF, she actually consents to the sex and denies it was rape, going so far as to defend the guy. These things happen. A lot, actually.

Ah, well that changes it.

I saw her defending him in the trailer, but I got a feeling it was more her being manipulated by him to do so.

I was under the impression he flat-out raped her.

You're not a lovestruck fourteen year old girl. From the trailer and the reviews I've read from TIFF, she actually consents to the sex and denies it was rape, going so far as to defend the guy.
    I got that impression from the trailer.

It's a bad trailer, but better than the first one. The one I saw focused it completely on Clive Owen and made it look like TAKEN 2, which was just hugely inappropriate, knowing what the film is really about.

It starts with showing Owen being happy with his family, with shots of him locking the house, setting the alarm, etc. Then it cuts to a Lionsgate style 3D red text on black: "BUT THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY IN." and shows the daughter chatting online.

After that it's Owen talking to the FBI. "Your daughter's been assaulted." And then shots of the FBI huddling around hi-tech computers. "We gotta track this guy before it's too late!" And zooms of satellite GPS and shit.

Then it shows the same shots from this trailer of Owen going to a gun shop, punching and throwing the rapist and freaking out to Keener in the kitchen, but I think he's also shouting something like, "I'm gonna find this guy and I'm gonna kill him!" to Keener. Then there's also a scene where he goes to his daughter's room and finds her bed empty, so he runs around the house yelling her name and literally kicking down doors.

The trailer ends with Owen choking someone or something, and you hear a gunshot as the screen goes black, then a text: TRUST NO ONE. And the "NO ONE" fades to reveal the title.
    Movie Theater Diary

Speaking of Taken, was anyone else kind of baffled by how that movie took off in popularity, and like more than a year after it was first released in Europe?

I thought it was a pretty average (and kind of silly) revenge thriller. I didn't get the hype at all.

[youtube]bHi7NDi_OAY[/youtube]

I... laughed? I'm surprised by that.

The original is hilarious, of course. I don't know if it's rewrites or just marketing, but they've amped Susan's character way up and don't mention him falling for a new girl at all.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    And it actually looks....good???

Amazing that David Schwimmer went from Little Britain USA to...that.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast