Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DukeTV (twitch / youtube / MC watch party)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    If a video game developer places a barrel (with a red ring around it no less) conspicuously in the middle of a combat arena and it DOESN'T explode when shot--then what the hell are any of us even doing?
    Is that worse than that lever behind the police station?

BTW, should I break out these streaming discussions into it's own thread so we are not gumming up regular Video Game talk?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    If a video game developer places a barrel (with a red ring around it no less) conspicuously in the middle of a combat arena and it DOESN'T explode when shot--then what the hell are any of us even doing?
    A semi-modern version of "start to crate"?

http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/39.html

The Start to Crate was the number of seconds from the start of a game until the player first encountered a crate or barrel. By 2000, crates and barrels were a commonplace of video game map design; according to the essay, the first crate "represents the point where the developers ran out of ideas".[12] This essay has had a significant impact in future game design, in part for pointing out "a good gauge to determine just how creative your game is",[13] and driving designers to a point where games are "at the stage where warehouse based level design is not de rigueur".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_Murray

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    BTW, should I break out these streaming discussions into it's own thread so we are not gumming up regular Video Game talk?
    +1 for a dedicated Duke TV thread

I believe the unpullable lever (next to an out-of-reach ladder, mind you) and the unshootable red barrel are quite relevant to the topic of video games at large. It's like Larry David being chastised for using a trash can--then what's it even there for? Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm still convinced the barrels explode in Alan Wake, and you will return to the police station later in the game for a very satisfying lever pull.

Barrels explode, levers are pulled. What are some other video game things that are obvious to gamers but may not be obvious to non-gamers? Jumping on monster heads in platformers, I suppose.

Barrels explode, levers are pulled. What are some other video game things that are obvious to gamers but may not be obvious to non-gamers? Jumping on monster heads in platformers, I suppose.
    Unless the monster's head has a spike on it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/dukefrukem

Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/Dukefrukem

Current Game: Alan Wake
    Streaming Schedule: Monday - 7pm-~10pm & Weds - 7pm-~10pm EST

Playing with Friends Game: Torchlight 2
    Thurs - 7pm-12pm EST

Past Streams:
    Alien Isolation - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...UiUCcUgRYe5V0v
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XCpmdpXJUfuqkz
    Outlast: Whistleblower - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AA6oGJwBHtTQ7W
    Ok all setup on the front page. Even linked a few past broadcasts that made its way from dukefurkem2 channel years ago.

Whisleblower was my first ever commentary playthrough.
    STALKER i might speak here and there but was not an official stream.

I'm a he, btw.
    Well who the fuck is the she around here?? I know theres at least one of you

Those barrels should absolutely explode. Barrel + red = explode, this is video game 101.

Well my bad. I get things confused sometimes. No offense meant to anyone

Amberlita was the one who made me do this streaming thing and she hasn't shown up yet!

Amberlita was the one who made me do this streaming thing and she hasn't shown up yet!
    Well, she is a touch busy these days.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Well, she is a touch busy these days.
    Heh, whats your excuse?

The drinking game is to take a swig every time Duke says "fuck"

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Amberlita and Zac Efron are the only women who still post, iirc
    no bottles for Irish

Quote Quoting kuehnepips (view post)
    no bottles for Irish
    You joining on Weds??

I live in Europe

But I take a swig every time you say fukc

Heh, whats your excuse?

The drinking game is to take a swig every time Duke says "fuck"
    I should be on Wednesday.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Amberlita and Zac Efron are the only women who still post, iirc
    Well, if we really put some effort in, we can probably manage to run them off too.

[]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I somehow missed this thread altogether.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I somehow missed this thread altogether.
    You hanging out tonight?

BTW guys, instead of jumping immediately into Alan Wake tonight, I was thinking about running through the Alien Isolation: Last Survivor DLC I bought when I finished the main game. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the reviews I read. You play as the Sigourney Weaver Ripley!

Cool?

Cool with me. Looking forward to it, though I might be a little late this time.

Sure

BTW guys, instead of jumping immediately into Alan Wake tonight, I was thinking about running through the Alien Isolation: Last Survivor DLC I bought when I finished the main game. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the reviews I read. You play as the Sigourney Weaver Ripley!

Cool?
    I would watch.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Highlight from the other night. Funny seeing my reaction. Something I've never really saw before. I've upped my mic gain for tonight. Please continue to give me feedback so I can tweak stuff.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast