Thread: Hidden Gems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Prolly wont get the love around here, but when I play this game, the first I think of is The Salton Sea and Spartan. Two premium Val Kilmer performances just completely buried in the sea of DVD release era. I wouldn't say either film is a masterpiece, but both are damn fine films that take chances and stand apart from other films because of their swings.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Prolly wont get the love around here, but when I play this game, the first I think of is The Salton Sea and Spartan. Two premium Val Kilmer performances just completely buried in the sea of DVD release era. I wouldn't say either film is a masterpiece, but both are damn fine films that take chances and stand apart from other films because of their swings.
    I’ve never seen either, but have heard good things about both!

The Salton Sea I remember particularly well because it came to DVD while I was working at a video store (my first job!).

I blind bought both at video stores that had like buy 2 get 3 free kind of deals. I was shocked...SHOCKED...at both films. Because they shouldve been talked about more and I never heard a single word on either.

Edit: ALL...even if you end up hating both of these films, please give them a watch and review. I just feel they came to existance at a time of cinema when the rental store was collapsing and the DTV market was changing and they got misplaced in the shuffle. They at least deserve eyes on them.
    Last edited by Skitch; 11-12-2019 at 11:01 AM.