Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I need to say I legitimately do not understand the concepts of boys with be boys or any of that trash. If you fucking did something bad in high school and didn't pay for it one iota then why should you get away with it now? You broke the law but you were in high school and you didn't know any better lol, that doesn't matter for anyone else so why is that the defense that works.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I need to say I legitimately do not understand the concepts of boys with be boys or any of that trash. If you fucking did something bad in high school and didn't pay for it one iota then why should you get away with it now? You broke the law but you were in high school and you didn't know any better lol, that doesn't matter for anyone else so why is that the defense that works.
    Because people do stupid shit when they are minors. I did. Most of my friends did. Most people I know that had any kind of social life did. Lots of people did cocaine at parties in the 80s. Should someone be disqualified for a job when they are 55 and married with three kids for doing a line of blow back in 1985 when they were 17? I really don't think this should follow you around your whole life. There's a reason why minors' criminal records are kept sealed after they turn 18, but I would even extend that window a certain extent into your early 20s, maybe not legally, but certainly take in to consideration someone's age when said stupid behavior happened.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 10-03-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Lots of people did cocaine at parties in the 80s. Should someone be disqualified for a job when they are 55 and married with three kids for doing a line of blow back in 1985 when they were 17? I really don't think this should follow you around your whole life.
    This is a poor comparison, though, because doing drugs, however illegal, does not really harm others on itself. I mean, Dustin Hoffman got in trouble for saying spicy and inappropriate remarks to a teenager during the filming of a TV movie in the 1980s. It's a slight accusation but one that stuck in the minds of many. If he had been coked out of his mind during the whole shoot a lot of people (including me) wouldn't have cared because he wouldn't have been doing any harm to anyone.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    This is a poor comparison, though, because doing drugs, however illegal, does not really harm others on itself. I mean, Dustin Hoffman got in trouble for saying spicy and inappropriate remarks to a teenager during the filming of a TV movie in the 1980s. It's a slight accusation but one that stuck in the minds of many. If he had been coked out of his mind during the whole shoot a lot of people (including me) wouldn't have cared because he wouldn't have been doing any harm to anyone.
    It's also a poor comparison because Dustin Hoffman was a grown ass man in the 1980s and had been in the spotlight since 1967. He wasn't doing that at a high school party.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    It's also a poor comparison because Dustin Hoffman was a grown ass man in the 1980s and had been in the spotlight since 1967. He wasn't doing that at a high school party.
    Ok, it wasn't a good comparison either. My point is that doing drugs does not by itself cause harm to others while sexual assault is by definition causing harm.