Page 253 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1532032432512522532542552633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    pacman ce is not pacman. pacman sucks; pacman ce is one of the greatest games of all time.
    You say some funny things sometimes.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    modern games suck.
    :|

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    modern games suck.
    I actually sorta agree with this. Unless you're including Valve. Then i'd throw acid in your face.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Just beat RE5. I enjoyed the game overall, but this game doesn't even come close to RE4. Still, I had a great time with it. Now it's time to collect all the weapons and other bonus features.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I actually sorta agree with this. Unless you're including Valve. Then i'd throw acid in your face.
    Wasn't, but I'd dodge it anyway.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    You say some funny things sometimes.
    He's right, though.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

You know what else sucks? Any movie after the year 1940.

And any book that's written in the English language after the year 1860.

I'm l33t.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Because that's completely the same thing, right?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Modern things are lame.

Once the SNES introduced 6 button controllers, things went downhill. Who needs 6 buttons? Gimme 1 8-way joystick and a single button, thank you.

Good thing I kept my original Atari 2600 - because that's the place where games are the best.

How is it that all of my favorite threads are being reduced to insufferable sniping, glibness, elitism, and anti-elitism? For Chrissakes, guys. We're better than that.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    How is it that all of my favorite threads are being reduced to insufferable sniping, glibness, elitism, and anti-elitism? For Chrissakes, guys.
    Deal with it.

Modern things are lame.
    Retro is way lamer.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Modern things are lame.
    They are, for the most part.

I don't see how this is even a debate. 95% of the games that are made and released are shit, just like with films, and just like with books. It's always been this way.

Anyway, my original post was a knee-jerk reaction to Acapelli's own knee-jerk reaction that Pac Man CE somehow isn't "modern." If that isn't modern gaming, I want no part of what is.

You guys are confusing Lame with shity.

I like video games!

From all eras!

Old ones, new ones, simple ones, complex ones.

I like games on consoles, and on the PC!

I'm even thinking about buying a Wii to play Wii Sports Resort and Sin & Punishment 2.

Games are fun!

I like board games more though.

I like all kinds of board games.

Euro ones, and Ameritrash ones.

I like family board games, and nerd board games.

I also like card games! Even some CCGs!

I like to have fun with friends, and playing games is a great way to have fun.

Let's have a fun time!

Right on!

The best time for games is right now, because you can play the new ones and the old ones!

Awesome!

I like video games!

From all eras!

Old ones, new ones, simple ones, complex ones.
    Point taken, you're an optimist. But what about BAD ONES? Terrible, soul-destroying ones, even? Because that is most of them, I'm sorry to say.

Point taken, you're an optimist. But what about BAD ONES? Terrible, soul-destroying ones, even? Because that is most of them, I'm sorry to say.
    I do whatever I can to avoid playing bad games, reading bad books, watching bad movies, and listening to bad music. Sometimes something bad sneaks in, but when that happens I quietly dispose of it and move on.

Even with all the bad stuff out there, there is not enough time in one life to experience all that is great and worthy of my time. For every life changing album I've heard, there are 10 that I haven't. For every great game I've experienced there are dozens that I don't have time for.

It's just the way it is. I choose to ignore the bad because of the abundance of good there is to experience.

Sturgeon's Law says that 99% of everything is crap.

However, within that 1% of greatness is so much amazing stuff that it would be impossible to experience it all in a single life time.

That's awesome.

The 95-99% crap figure seems greatly exaggerated.

I ended up canceling my Madcatz joystick order.

Instead I ordered one of the cheaper fight pads. It just came today, so I'll let you all know how it works out.

I've never, ever played SF with a game pad, so it's going to take me many, many hours to build this new muscle memory.

I'm betting that I don't like it.

However, I'm going to put some stuff together to sell in order to buy a really nice Hori stick in the future, one with all Sanwa parts.

This fight pad is just a temporary solution.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    The 95-99% crap figure seems greatly exaggerated.
    I don't know. I haven't actually counted everything.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Can you type needlessly condescending replies with one hand?
    It's okay. I'd be mad when it takes ten minutes to write that with one hand.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Just saying, of the couple hundred movies that get American theatrical releases every year, I watch probably 10-30% of them. And I usually at least kinda like more than half of them and would throw the "crap" label at maybe 10-20% of those. Either the 95-99% figure is woefully pessimistic or I have objectively awful taste.

Things that are neither "crap" nor "amazing" are undervalued as well.

It's just the way it is. I choose to ignore the bad because of the abundance of good there is to experience.
    I understand you, but life is ugly, and it's full of disease and heartache and loss and pain and ass-backwards ideologies and bad art and bad games and bad people. To ignore half of all existence seems to me... unhealthy, in some abstract way, and not just on a personal level but for everybody. You won't find anyone who appreciates the beauty of experience more than me, but let's be realistic here.

I'd say that within the 1% of stuff really worthy of your times is a broad range of quality ranging from merely adequate to totally awesome.

Some of my favorite games are merely adequate in terms of design and play mechanics.

I definitely don't need something to be AAA quality across the board for me to enjoy it. Sometimes some flaws add character.