Page 1206 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2067061106115611961204120512061207120812161256 ... LastLast
Results 30,126 to 30,150 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    OMG looks like a FPS version of Hotline Miami!
    OMG and it's only $2.99?? Purchased!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    OMG and it's only $2.99?? Purchased!
    You're a despicable person and I've never liked you

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    You're a despicable person and I've never liked you
    Looks like I'll be enjoying Fallen Aces too

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Looks like I'll be enjoying Fallen Aces too
    diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iick

(but lol yeah fallen aces is by the same dev collective as dusk; everything they do looks cool to me)

Dark Souls III soft caps ability levels at 40. My current character on my NG+ run has 40 Strength and Dexterity, and at least 30 stamina and Vitality (which increases equipment load). I’ve also equipped a couple rings that increase my equipment load. Because of this, I’ve got a character that’s rocking seriously heavy armor, wields a maxed out Hollow Slayer Greatsword, and can still execute an average dodge / roll. I’ve been taking great delight in borderline trolling invading players with this guy. It’s not too often when you attack someone who just keeps on swinging their Greatsword more than three times before running out of stamina.

EDIT: The HollowSlayer damage increases based on both your strength and dexterity.

EDIT 2: Think Sammo Hung in full plate mail rolling around with a giant sword.
    Last edited by Scar; 09-09-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

You'd rather pay $660 up front than $25 a month for a period of time? Have you bought a cell phone ever in the past 12 years? Because that's the same thing.
    And that's what I'm saying. I get a ally obliterated every month by my cell phone company.

There are so many subscriptions now (any streaming service you want, music, books, sports, video games) it's insane.

I want to plag A game, see A movie, read A book, listen to AN album. You need to make crazy good money if you want to be able to experience all the media you want.

You'd rather pay $660 up front than $25 a month for a period of time? Have you bought a cell phone ever in the past 12 years? Because that's the same thing.
    Sidenote, I've never paid a dollar for a cell phone in my life. Had one since bag phone days...its just always fell under work provided lol

I get that subscription plans can be beneficial for the consumer in more ways than one. Though I really don't care what XBOX offers.

But I share Meg's sentiment bemoaning the proliferation of all media to standalone subscription services. Sometimes I just want to decide to buy something and then just own that thing and not have to constantly monitor my budget for evidence of subscription creep. Sometimes I just want a clean purchase, no maintenance, and the peace of mind that comes with it.

Edit: As long as I'm left with that option, though, it doesn't really matter to me if there is also a subscription option offered to those for whom that works better.
    Last edited by amberlita; 09-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.

- - - - -
    Meanwhile, Microsoft just added EA Play to GamePass at no additional cost. This includes:

Quote Quoting MSFT
    More than 60 of EA's biggest and best console and PC games like FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Skate, and The Sims.
    plus more EA sports games, a shit ton of Star Wars games, and the entire Dragon Age, Dead Space, and Medal of Honor franchises.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/...ditional-cost/

All this will be mine .... and for $0.

Again, how can this be real? I might actually do an entire playthrough of Mass Effect now.

- - - - -
    Hey, Scar!

Better to do a plain X-Com 2 playthrough first or should I jump right into War of the Chosen?

I remember with the original game the expansion significantly changed how everything worked...

Hey, Scar!

Better to do a plain X-Com 2 playthrough first or should I jump right into War of the Chosen?

I remember with the original game the expansion significantly changed how everything worked...
    War of the Chosen adds three significant boss badasses, pseudo zombie horde missions, and incorporated the other DLC (Shen’s gift and Alien Hunters). It also adds three classes, although I only used two (Reaper and Skirmisher, didn’t play around with the Templar much).

Do you have all the DLC? If so, you might want to try a standard play through with Shen’s Gift and Alien Hunters active, then do a War of the Chosen run. The Alien Hunters DLC is more challenging when it’s not incorporated into War of the Chosen.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Correr para Vivir (G. Dorantes, 2024) ☆
    The Bad Guys (P. Perifel, 2022) ☆
    Persepolis (M. Satrapi/V. Paronnaud, 2007)
    Coyote (K. Jerkovic, 2022) ☆
    Uncle from Another World (S. Kawai, 2022-23) ☆
    Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? + OVA (H. Kaneko/T. Tokoro, 2018-19) ☆
    The Dangers in My Heart, S2 (H. Akagi, 2024) ☆
    Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, S1 (K. Saitō, 2023?24) ☆
    Knocked Up (J. Apatow, 2007) ☆
    Cobra (G. P. Cosmatos, 1986)

First time ☆

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    War of the Chosen adds three significant boss badasses, pseudo zombie horde missions, and incorporated the other DLC (Shen’s gift and Alien Hunters). It also adds three classes, although I only used two (Reaper and Skirmisher, didn’t play around with the Templar much).

Do you have all the DLC? If so, you might want to try a standard play through with Shen’s Gift and Alien Hunters active, then do a War of the Chosen run. The Alien Hunters DLC is more challenging when it’s not incorporated into War of the Chosen.
    Ah cool okay, thanks. I think I did it right then --- chose the base game + Shen/ AH DLC only.

Stayed up a little late playing. I have no idea wtf anyone is talking about, or what I should be doing, or how the world map works (scanning for supplies? black market? huh?) but the combat is as good as ever.

Running around on the easiest difficulty and the game still punishes sloppy fuck ups. (Half my team is in the hospital because I keep forgetting about flanking damage.)

I thought the timed missions would annoy me but so far they've been the most fun.

Still on the fence about the auto generated maps, but I like how everything changes depending on where you are in the world.

Thanks for the heads up!

Don’t sell shit to the Black Market unless you’re desperate. A lot of the corpses are required for various research assignments.

- - - - -
    Don’t sell shit to the Black Market unless you’re desperate. A lot of the corpses are required for various research assignments.
    :thumbsup: very good tip and I coulda been fucked after researching certain weapons and armor, so thanks!

- - - - -
    X-Com might be my game of the decade.

Except every time the scientist dork opens his mouth I wanna grab him by the collar and shout about plasma weapons. I don't give a shit about alien autopsies, dude. Give me the pew pew!

Yes. Great game. Never played the sequel though.

X-Com might be my game of the decade.

Except every time the scientist dork opens his mouth I wanna grab him by the collar and shout about plasma weapons. I don't give a shit about alien autopsies, dude. Give me the pew pew!
    This should be a line of dialogue in the next Independence Day.

Irish, can’t wait till you find the uh, augmented research projects....

For anyone who loves the XCOM games and wants more of that formula, two other titles to check out:

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanics
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Both AWESOME, challenging games that blatantly rip off the XCOM TBS formula.

Mario XCom would be so fun, lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

71% trophy completion for Dark Souls III. There’s a couple more trophies I should be able to snag in the morning.

71% trophy completion for Dark Souls III. There’s a couple more trophies I should be able to snag in the morning.
    How does it stack up to the rest of the series, for you?

I easily spent the most time with 2. And I never got why everyone seemed to hate on it so much.

Based on online reviews, if you’re going to play one, play this one. I’m tempted to try the original Dark Souls. I had taken such a long break after Demons, that III was the first I picked up.

Wait...you never played the first Dark Souls???