Thread: My Top Thirty Flying Lotus Songs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    In the age of Kuso, I need something to remind me why Flying Lotus is my favorite working musician.
    I can't tell if this is an indictment of the film or not. Will not hold it against you if you didn't like it though, because it's the furthest thing from approachable.

Anyway, I discovered FlyLo through the radio station he curated in GTA V in 2013 and circled back into finally diving deeper into his discography this year. The dude's music is getting me through the pandemic, man. It gives me the feeling that I'm at a high-energy party with friends that I miss along with a chill, relaxed feeling at the same time. You're Dead! is my favorite album of his so far, but Until The Quiet Comes is off to an excellent start. I still need to go through his older albums but I can't wait to do that and scroll through your list while doing it!
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 02-10-2021 at 02:54 AM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I can't tell if this is an indictment of the film or not. Will not hold it against you if you didn't like it though, because it's the furthest thing from approachable.
    I never actually saw it... Honestly never wanted to. Maybe it's time. I'm a little scared.

Maybe I'll finish this list as well?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I never actually saw it... Honestly never wanted to. Maybe it's time. I'm a little scared.

Maybe I'll finish this list as well?
    It’s essentially Eraserhead with Troma's sense of humor and the structure of a Robot Chicken episode, and really hard to justify a recommendation considering it’s an amalgamation of things that aren’t for everyone. It's an incoherent, disgusting mess, and yet...there's something about the experience of watching it that's fascinating. I dunno, maybe it's just me because I'm a big fan of weird midnight movies. I'd hate for it to ruin your feelings about him as an artist, though. You've got a lot of passion for his work and I'd be along for the ride to the end of this list with you!
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd