Thread: The Animation Station

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - - - - -
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Fry, have you seen the He-Man reboot yet? I absolutely must know what you think
    Okaaaaaaaaay.

I legit thought Smith would coast with some Mattel-Chocobot-Hour style shit. And tbh, that's what the opening 10 minutes of the first episode are ... I almost turned it off, but then the show goes absolutely apeshit. I mean like seriously WTF apeshit.

It's still not in the same league as Noelle's "She-Ra" reboot, which was one of the best contemporary cartoons going, but I'm interested enough to want to see episode #2.

PS: This has Sara Michelle Gellar and Alicia Silverstone in key roles, and I dunno why, but that really appeals to me.

PPS: Sometimes when Skeletor laughs I can hear The Joker.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Okaaaaaaaaay..
    Heh, right before I posted mine
    I legit thought Smith would coast with some Mattel-Chocobot-Hour style shit. And tbh, that's what the opening 10 minutes of the first episode are ... I almost turned it off, but then the show goes absolutely apeshit. I mean like seriously WTF apeshit.
    Indeed! The first episode was almost unwatchable, but that was because, well, exactly the original show, but with better animation. Almost feels as if Smith was baiting us into thinking this would be exactly what most original fans wanted: a remake and that their nostalgia was bullshit.

It's still not in the same league as Noelle's "She-Ra" reboot, which was one of the best contemporary cartoons going, but I'm interested enough to want to see episode #2.
    It's good. Teela is a far more compelling main character than Adam.

PS: This has Sara Michelle Gellar and Alicia Silverstone in key roles, and I dunno why, but that really appeals to me.
    Sarah is good, even if I sometimes downright hear Buffy. If you hadn't told me Silverstone was there, I would've never figured out she was there. Lena Headey is probably the best of the cast.

PPS: Sometimes when Skeletor laughs I can hear The Joker.
    That legit always happens to me when I watch a Hamill role.
    Promising Young Woman (E. Fennell, 2020) ☆
    The Straight Story (D. Lynch, 1999) ☆
    Dream Scenario (K. Borgli, 2023) ☆
    Requiem (H. Schmid, 2006) ☆
    The Dreaming Boy is a Realist (K. Koga, 2023) ☆
    Past Lives (C. Song, 2023) ☆
    Nayola (J. M. Ribeiro, 2022) ☆
    My First Girlfriend Is a Gal S1 + OVA (H. Furukawa/Y. Ogawa, 2017) ☆
    Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! (M. Hoshino/M. Minato, 2024) ☆
    Correr para Vivir (G. Dorantes, 2024) ☆

First time ☆