Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2478

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Guys, Duke said she's not funny. We're clearly wrong.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Haven't seen the special yet, but she's definitely funny.
    In what?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    In what?
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Just watched the standup. Fucking hilarious.

Duke's sense of humor is like a bear wandering the woods trying to find a place to shit. It's like, open your eyes, man. Just shit. It's obviously okay.

I always liked her on World's Dumbest (though I'm not proud that I watched it).

I don't watch crap TV comedies (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and her stand up on netflix lasted 8 minutes on my TV. She's the female equivalent of John Mulaney (also baffling how he became famous)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't watch crap TV comedies (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and her stand up on netflix lasted 8 minutes on my TV.
    Good for you.

Good for you.
    Yes it is good I don't waste my time with crap.

Yes it is good I don't waste my time with crap.
    So, just so I have this right, you've never seen an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? And you watched eight minutes of Chelsea Peretti's stand up? Is that correct?

So, just so I have this right, you've never seen an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? And you watched eight minutes of Chelsea Peretti's stand up? Is that correct?
    You know I dont watch TV. I say it all the time. Sports is the only thing I watch with the exception of cartoons. I dont really care about this argument or Peretti. I was asked to clarify what I meant by my original post and it wasn't meant to get Match Cut all up in arms about my taste in comedy or where I should poop. Get mad MC. You've been particularly offended by several of my posts lately KF. Not sure why but R.E.L.A.X.

You know I dont watch TV. I say it all the time. Sports is the only thing I watch with the exception of cartoons. I dont really care about this argument or Peretti. I was asked to clarify what I meant by my original post and it wasn't meant to get Match Cut all up in arms about my taste in comedy or where I should poop. Get mad MC. You've been particularly offended by several of my posts lately KF. Not sure why but R.E.L.A.X.
    I'm not offended, Duke. I'm just confused as to why you would call a show crap that you've never seen (not all TV is the same), and why you would write someone's entire career off having seen eight minutes of material. I mean, speaking of wasting time with crap, bothering to get your opinions lands on that list if this is your idea of having an informed one.

Why even bother to respond to my posts if my opinions are crap? To call me out? I stopped watching her stand up because she wasn't funny. I exaggerated the 8 minutes. Who knows how long I watched? 5. 10. 15. It was painful.

There really is no genre as subjective as comedy.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    There really is no genre as subjective as comedy.
    Yup. Duke thinks what is probably the funniest sitcom on TV right now and the only one I watch regularly is crap. I think he frequently goes BWAHAHAHA at horrifically unfunny internet videos. It is what it is.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Why even bother to respond to my posts if my opinions are crap? To call me out? I stopped watching her stand up because she wasn't funny. I exaggerated the 8 minutes. Who knows how long I watched? 5. 10. 15. It was painful.
    How can I take your opinions seriously when you call a TV show that you've never seen crap, and completely write off a comedian based on a few minutes of a single performance? As I said, those are not informed opinions.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Yup. Duke thinks what is probably the funniest sitcom on TV right now and the only one I watch regularly is crap. I think he frequently goes BWAHAHAHA at horrifically unfunny internet videos. It is what it is.
    Trick post- all current sitcoms are crap.

How can I take your opinions seriously when you call a TV show that you've never seen crap, and completely write off a comedian based on a few minutes of a single performance? As I said, those are not informed opinions.
    Here's an idea, don't take them seriously.

Here's an idea, don't take them seriously.
    Great idea. Done.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Brooklyn 99 can be a very funny show, and Peretti can be funny on it. I haven't seen her standup, as a little of her personality can go a long way for me. All sitcoms are not crap. All TV is not crap. All of anything is not crap. Law of averages. What a weird argument.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Brooklyn 99 can be a very funny show, and Peretti can be funny on it. I haven't seen her standup, as a little of her personality can go a long way for me. All sitcoms are not crap. All TV is not crap. All of anything is not crap. Law of averages. What a weird argument.
    It's not weird. It's MC. Duke says something that 99 other people disagree with and we all pile on. Typical day.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    It's not weird. It's MC. Duke says something that 99 other people disagree with and we all pile on. Typical day.
    The disagreement is a side-effect of you simultaneously judging all television sitcoms as crap and immediately copping to not watching any of them. Do you not see why that demonstrates ignorance? I mean, it's literal ignorance.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    The disagreement is a side-effect of you simultaneously judging all television sitcoms as crap and immediately copping to not watching any of them. Do you not see why that demonstrates ignorance? I mean, it's literal ignorance.
    Pretend we're at a bar, and you ask me what I'm watching on TV, and I respond everything on TV is crap. Would this be something you'd try to break down logically and try to prove to me that what I said is so untrue that I am ignorant for having said it? Or would you laugh it off and think oh that's Duke being Duke and carry on to the next topic? Also factor in that you've known me for around 10 years.

I only go to hipster bars, so we probably wouldn't be drinking at the same place.

I only go to hipster bars, so we probably wouldn't be drinking at the same place.
    Actually I attend the bars that have the best beer. If there's one thing hipsters and I have in common, it's good taste in beer. (no not PBR or heineken)

Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast