Page 186 of 262 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Kinda tame to be honest, tho I suppose they don't have to show that much to get people in theaters.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Huh. Tom Hardy is voicing Venom in that Into the Spider-Verse animated movie.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

And John Krasinski is voicing Peter apparently.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Is that Domino with the afro?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is that Domino with the afro?
    Yup. And wow, that is totally Terry Crews playing George Washington Bridge. Didn't even know he was in this. The rest of X-Force showing up was unexpected.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Yup. And wow, that is totally Terry Crews playing George Washington Bridge. Didn't even know he was in this. The rest of X-Force showing up was unexpected.
    Indeed. Count me in.

Was kind of hoping that was Storm, but I'm holding out for a solo Storm movie in the mindset of Logan. Doubt it'll happen though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Domino is so hot.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Couldn't even believe that was him speaking at first. (It is, right?)

--Homer

One of the most generic teasers you could possibly make for a superhero film. This could be any movie. Hell, it doesn't even have the movie's logo at the end. It just says V. Why are they trying to confuse people? These studios have too much faith that everyone keeps up with superhero movie developments.
    Movie Theater Diary

Is it confirmed R rated?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Is it confirmed R rated?
    Just rumored.

http://collider.com/venom-movie-rating-r/

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It has fallen! Here be culprit: https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-36573275.html

It's not a very well-written review.
    Movie Theater Diary

It's not a very well-written review.
    His vocabulary choices are grating.

His one complaint is Black Panther didn't beat up enough bad guys. That's the shortest review I've ever read where 90% of it is just an outline of of the synopsis.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    His one complaint is Black Panther didn't beat up enough bad guys. That's the shortest review I've ever read where 90% of it is just an outline of of the synopsis.
    Awful. Just awful. I despise critics who waste the majority of the write-up explaining the plot.

I saw someone make the joke that Eddie Brock is not going to go full Venom until the last 15 minutes of the movie and I laughed but the more I think about it the more I think that might actually be true.
    Movie Theater Diary

I saw someone make the joke that Eddie Brock is not going to go full Venom until the last 15 minutes of the movie and I laughed but the more I think about it the more I think that might actually be true.
    Carnage probably shows up at the end or end credits is my added guess.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm guessing the scene were he's freaking out is where he joins the symbiote. Can see some whispers of black something coming up his neck. I'm guessing thats halfway through. Just speculating.

Now I wasn't saying he wouldn't get the symbiote for that long, just that he won't look like full costume Venom until the very end. The symbiote might just manifest in a hairstyle change and dancing down the streets and flirting with women.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ah gotcha. Totally possible. I'm most curious about the scene where he waves his arms and the room full of people fly off. I hope that's an unfinished scene without symbiote added, because as is it looks like telekenisis

Now I wasn't saying he wouldn't get the symbiote for that long, just that he won't look like full costume Venom until the very end. The symbiote might just manifest in a hairstyle change and dancing down the streets and flirting with women.
    If he can throw articles of clothing at women to make their hair flutter in the wind, I'll be more than satisfied. You get a jacket. You get a glove. You get a shoe. Everyone wins.

--Homer

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Couldn't even believe that was him speaking at first. (It is, right?)
    Can't remember where it was on Twitter, but in a jokey debate about what regional accent he's doing, someone said "Terrence Howard" and now I will never not hear it.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Disney announced 6 more dates/flags which will likely be announced after May. Also Avengers just got moved up a week to align with the Euro release in a cute back and forth on twitter between Marvel and RDJ.

Only two Marvel movies in 2020

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR previously dated 5/4/18 moves to 4/27/18
    Captain Marvel 3/8/19
    Untitled Avengers film 5/3/19
    Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel 7/5/2019
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (sometime in 2020- likely 5/1/20
    UNTITLED MARVEL previously dated 8/7/20 moves to 7/31/20
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 5/7/21
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 7/30/21
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 11/5/21
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 2/18/22
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 5/6/22
    UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 7/29/22

Full list of Disney movies is bonkers

[
    ]