Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Political Thread - Sodom and Gomorrah

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Is there even the slightest chance that Trump goes to prison if he doesn't win?
    I really don't think so. Plus, what are you charging him with? Being a dope on twitter? Trump going to prison is the "lock her up!" of the left. I do think if Trump tries some illegal bullshit between now and January if he loses and has to vacate the White House, then you might see something.

It would be hilarious if Trump refused to leave the White House in January and congress had to send in US Marshalls or something to evict him and his family by force. Not even sure if it's US Marshalls or the FBI or the secret service in that situation. It would be unprecedented.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 11-04-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

He should go to prison, but never will.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    The only possible scenario -and this is almost in sci/fi land but we're living in 2020- is that the supreme court takes it up and somehow decides all votes counted after 11:59PM on November 3rd turn into a pumpkin.
    "President Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien says the president plans to 'immediately' request a recount in the battleground state of Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, if a race is within 1 percentage point, the trailing candidate can force a recount."

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1324047564375789571

"Trump campaign just announced that they are seeking to stop ballot COUNTING in a second state: now Pennsylvania."

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/sta...82248329646094

"Minutes after suing to stop counting in Pennsylvania (with 1.1 million ballots uncounted), Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien says on a press call that 'we are declaring a victory in Pennsylvania.'"

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/st...85850758696961

"Now the GOP operatives here are chanting 'let us in' while workers are trying to count ballots."

https://twitter.com/raywert/status/1324084469226180610

That's such an affront to state law and state's rights that it would correctly be viewed as soft coup supreme court corruption, that it probably would trigger a civil war (which is why I don't think will happen).
    lol, okay

So, full on brown shirts and all? Not even subtle.

- - - - -
    It's the same "Brooks Brothers Riot" bullshit they pulled in 2000

Meanwhile, Biden has increased the lead in MI to over 1% for the first time and is leading by more than there are ballots left to be counted. I don't know why it hasn't been called yet.

LOCK HIM UP vs. LOCK HER UP
    Russian Influence on Votes VS. Forged Mail-In Ballots

ugh.

Still picturing Trump stealing each pen in the White House and government officials unsure of who removes him from the White House if it came to that. Can't imagine a smooth transition.

In other news, Oregon decriminalized all drugs and can be the Portugal of the USA.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    I really don't think so. Plus, what are you charging him with? Being a dope on twitter? Trump going to prison is the "lock her up!" of the left. I do think if Trump tries some illegal bullshit between now and January if he loses and has to vacate the White House, then you might see something.

It would be hilarious if Trump refused to leave the White House in January and congress had to send in US Marshalls or something to evict him and his family by force. Not even sure if it's US Marshalls or the FBI or the secret service in that situation. It would be unprecedented.
    That would be incredible, yes.

But to your first point, I'd say the biggest difference is that Trump actually has done tons of illegal shit, while Clinton sent some questionable emails.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

What the fuck is going on with Arizona?!

Trump doesn't use pens lol

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    What the fuck is going on with Arizona?!
    More like what's going on in Nevada? Seems as though that's what it's coming down to.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Why what's going on with Arizona?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Why what's going on with Arizona?
    My friend lives in Phoenix and he posted that votes were shifting towards Trump. There's also some weirdness with Sharpies? I can't tell if it's a nothingburger nontroversy or if it's actually a thing. Either way, they should clear it up ASAP if any votes weren't counted due to pen malfunction.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Georgia is at less than 28k difference with 100k votes left to count...

Remember, remember, the fifth of November might have a whole new meaning tomorrow.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Iowa is boned. Oh well. I'm thinking that if I ever make enough to money to leave, I'm going to. Anyways I think Biden pulls it out but the Senate is still GOP so he won't get anything done.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

GA could have two Senate runoffs on January 5th if Perdue stays under 50% (he’s at 49.9% right now)

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    3 of the current Supreme Court justices were on Bush's legal team in 2000. The Court will hand victory to Trump on a reasonable-sounding pretext, some 2020 version of the "hanging chad." The DNC will immediately cave, because that's what they do best.
    Doesn't look as if this will happen, thank God.

They sent Rudy to PA (lol) and Murdoch dissed the Whitehouse hard. Fox News politics editor, quoted in the NY Times, "Lawsuits, schmawsuits. We haven’t seen any evidence yet that there’s anything wrong."

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Mark R Levin
    REMINDER TO THE REPUBLICAN STATE LEGISLATURES, YOU HAVE THE FINAL SAY OVER THE CHOOSING OF ELECTORS, NOT ANY BOARD OF ELECTIONS, SECRETARY OF STATE, GOVERNOR, OR EVEN COURT. YOU HAVE THE FINAL SAY -- ARTICLE II OF THE FED CONSTITUTION. SO, GET READY TO DO YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY
    https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/st...06883600506880

Although this is certainly a ... strategy.

Ok, I officially feel like it has been a stupid amount of time without at least a small update in counting. C'moooon

I've been tracking the GA numbers dip away from Trump for the past two days and Biden's within 10,000 votes with more to count (nothing to be called till tomorrow). But I was seeing that the military/overseas numbers are still to be counted, and so now I'm newly bummed that a Biden razor-thin win from mail/provisional ballots counted tomorrow would still just flip if those military/overseas numbers weren't strong.

ETA: perhaps not great that Trump's statements about military service pissed off servicemen/women, but the partisan edge in GA would still make me hyper. And would anyone really flip a vote from that kind of statement...?
    Last edited by dreamdead; 11-05-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Ok, I officially feel like it has been a stupid amount of time without at least a small update in counting. C'moooon
    It's really just waiting on Nevada/Pennsylvania ballots to come in at this point, isn't it?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It's really just waiting on Nevada/Pennsylvania ballots to come in at this point, isn't it?
    Oh are the ballots not even there yet? I assumed we were just waiting on counting through them.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Oh are the ballots not even there yet? I assumed we were just waiting on counting through them.
    It's both.

Nevada still has some 100K to count that arrived by election day and are in the pile to be counted. But they accept ballots postmarked by election day up to Nov 12 (I think). These late arriving ballots are not under dispute, but since everyone in NV is mailed a ballot we have no idea how many of them might come in.

Pennsylvania is the same, though I think they are north of 250K still to count and they accept ballots postmarked on election day up to 3 days after. However, all those late arriving ballots are being separated since there is pending litigation. Word is that it's in the hundreds so far, so if Biden can make up ground with enough of a lead then hopefully the fate of those ballots would be irrelevant to the outcome. I find it hard to believe the Supreme Court (where that litigation has been already and there was a 4-4 split that favored the lower court ruling to let the late arriving ballots count) would intentionally disenfranchise voters who voted under the existing rules at the time. But it's best if Biden doesn't have to rely on them because who knows.

I guess I assumed we'd have some answers before the postmarked bunch. I assumed those would just be a trickle.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast