Page 1664 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 664116415641614165416621663166416651666167417141764 ... LastLast
Results 41,576 to 41,600 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I've been watching Ninja Warrior for about 10 years now. For those that don't know since this clearly hasn't been around that long, the Japanese version went 28 seasons which I've watched all of. I actually have made part 1 of a video I'll send in where I show how big I am now and then if I can ever get to my target weight then I'll record part 2 and send it in so I can at least attempt the course. A friend of mine actually competed this year so that was cool too.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    also I know I'm a couple pages too late but I wanted to say that I have no idea about mason jars and I grew up in food storage central.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    This tiny woman demands you worship her as your new overlord.
    I watched this twice. The second time was an attempt to prove what I suspected was true after the first viewing: this woman did not break a single bead of sweat.

I'm kind of bummed out this week. Icine is dead and RT even if it survives won't be the same. I just want to go back on vacation again.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I'm kind of bummed out this week. Icine is dead and RT even if it survives won't be the same. I just want to go back on vacation again.
    Since when is Icine dead? Why did it die?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Da fuck is Icine ?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Whoa, what happened to Icine?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I watched this twice. The second time was an attempt to prove what I suspected was true after the first viewing: this woman did not break a single bead of sweat.
    She does not show weakness like we humans.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Icine died, huh? That's a bummer. Forum I spent the most time at during undergrad. And I had a lot of free time during undergrad.

I guess this goes in literature, but I want as many respondents as possible, because I'm crowd-sourcing a question.

Say you're going to see a play, and it is a comedy by Shakespeare you have never seen or read. Based on just knowing that it is Shakespeare and a comedy, what elements would you expect going in?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I guess this goes in literature, but I want as many respondents as possible, because I'm crowd-sourcing a question.

Say you're going to see a play, and it is a comedy by Shakespeare you have never seen or read. Based on just knowing that it is Shakespeare and a comedy, what elements would you expect going in?
    Cross-dressing and mistaken identity.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar

KF's answers, plus plot twists (kind of going along with the mistaken identity). Also probably a fool and/or a drunkard at some point.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Wow, yeah, it says their domain expired last week. Did the forum actually shut down or did they just not bother renewing the domain?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This tiny woman demands you worship her as your new overlord.

Now that I have watched this about twelve times, there are a couple little moments that kill me.

I love when her boyfriend replies to someone behind him, "She is one of the finest athletes I have ever known."

Also, I can't tell if they fried to mute it or not, but one reaction guy they keep cutting to (another contestant?) says before she starts on the pole part: "Two of those are going to be so fucking hard."
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Also probably a fool and/or a drunkard at some point.
    Speaking of: sheesh, the induction (framing device) of Taming of the Shrew is nonsensical.
    ...and the milk's in me.

So no one is going to explain to me what was Icine and why everyone here used it?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So no one is going to explain to me what was Icine and why everyone here used it?
    It was an off-shoot of RT forums, like Match Cut. It lasted for years and years and had a close community. There was a certain amount of overlap between there and here, but not a majority.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ah thanks. Never knew there was a secret 2nd MC.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ah thanks. Never knew there was a secret 2nd MC.
    Do you remember astor? She was at the Axis forums before MC broke off? When we broke off, she formed her own forum, icine. I posted for a while, but hadn't visited in years except once only a few months ago. It was quite dead with a handful of people posting random conversations. Not even sure who still ran it or managed the domain.

I guess they decided it was time to move on.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Yeh I remember. I wonder why she didn't just want to post here? Why split the group?
    Although I also remember the horror specific forum too.. the Annex and Jumpscare. But that died years ago.

So wow. When we split from Axis we split into 3 groups. Not 2.

My timing could be off a little... she may have formed it before or even after MC officially started. The split was just the two forums. Her thing was separate.

I remember she was a mod at the Axis forums and was somewhat annoyed by some things. I had some conversations with her. I can't remember specifics anymore though.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Icine existed before match cut and the Axis website. I started posting there in 2004, a year after I first began my stint on RT.

Astor and the OWLS (Obsessed With Lost) went over there after Astor was removed as mod.

I know the site was pretty much dead but I still liked stopping by every now and then. My Lost write ups are gone for good but that's okay. I can always make new ones. The message board is a dead format. Long live the message board.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I believe a number of those people moved onto Corrierino.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Aye. Me I just post everywhere.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I did Icine for the longest of time, and it was most active at the beginning of Match Cut if I remember right.

Hardly any movie talk, lots of random talk.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter