Page 251 of 310 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 7750

Thread: MLB Discussion

Director
    Calvin Johnson hit a BP homerun at Comerica.

[youtube]QeQxfQaZPQ4[/youtube]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Not surprising. Most pro athletes play more than one sport in high school. They're all genetic monsters. CJ is badass.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ok baseball guys, Lance Lynn vs Ted Lilly tomorrow. Help.
    I change my vote to neither.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Verlander just lost a no-hitter with one out in the ninth. Bummer. :sad:
    A one hit shut out isn't anything to sneeze at. It's just always good to see Verlander kick ass.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Verlander is the best pitcher in the game right now, and I would have posted this before he almost got another no-hitter.

Well Kerry Wood, it was fun while it lasted. You were awful this season, but at least you realized it was all over and retired before dooming the Cubs any more down the stretch, although really the Cubs just doom themselves on their own. If only you, Prior, Sosa and others would have won the Cubs a World Series title in 2003, or at least got them there, maybe I would love you more. To me its more of the closing of a chapter that us Cubs fans would largely rather forget due to its immense amount of failure.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Biff Justice (view post)
    A one hit shut out isn't anything to sneeze at. It's just always good to see Verlander kick ass.
    Definitely, but with Verlander I get the feeling that if the breaks go his way, he could challenge Nolan Ryan's no-hitter record. This was not a break going his way.

I change my vote to neither.
    Lilly still gave me 22 points where Lynn only 8. I was in favor of the home team anyway.

Today marks the first day when I fall out of first place.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Lilly still gave me 22 points where Lynn only 8. I was in favor of the home team anyway.

Today marks the first day when I fall out of first place.
    I didn't realize until looking at the box score that all four of Lilly's runs were unearned. Which is a joke, since he gave up a two-run shot. That system needs to be tweaked.

I didn't realize until looking at the box score that all four of Lilly's runs were unearned. Which is a joke, since he gave up a two-run shot. That system needs to be tweaked.
    But he should have been out of the inning... why should those be earned?

But he should have been out of the inning... why should those be earned?
    Because he still gave up a HR. I understand he would have been out of the inning, but I think the man who got on base for the error, and any runs that cross the plate because of that error, should be unearned. Anything after that should count. Lilly still gave up the HR, as well as a sac fly and an RBI single after the error. Out of the inning or not, he still faced those hitters and couldn't get them out. It's absurd to think that anything after what would have been a third out is somehow an "unearned" run.

Guillen Rips Dwayne Wade

"You know how many players I take out of the game and they go in the back and talk crap about me?" Guillen said. "I don't care because I'm going to talk crap about them. If I take you out of the game it's for a reason. You think I want to take you out of the game? You think I want to pinch-hit for you? I pinch-hit for you because you suck. There's somebody else I thought was better than you."
    :lol:

Definitely, but with Verlander I get the feeling that if the breaks go his way, he could challenge Nolan Ryan's no-hitter record. This was not a break going his way.
    Agreed. Between being a Tiger and throwing his first no-hitter on my birthday, Verlander has officially become my favorite pitcher of all time, so I'd love to see it. I just always try and look on the bright side where possible. And, a bright side is needed when the Tigers are underacheiving as badly as they have been lately.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."

That's so good. I wish the Sox got him as a manager.

Could? Yeah, I suppose. But honestly I'd be shocked if anyone approaches that record let alone surpasses it. Verlander needs six more to break it. Ryan already had four at the same age, and it isn't like he tailed off over his career. He always was one of the league leaders in hits/9 innings, as well as the career leader in that category. During Ryan's age 42 year he lost two no hitters in the ninth. He had at least five such occurrences over his career.

Verlander might be the better pitcher, but for shear domination I never saw any pitcher dominate a game as Ryan could, maybe Pedro, but he never had he stamina that Ryan or Verlander had/have.

Well, like I said, he needs the breaks to fall his way. He's taken six no-hitters into the 8th inning already. He's converted two. He probably won't get there, but it's not out of the range of possibility, and that's why every squandered opportunity hurts as a fan.

Ryan could single handedly dominate a game like no one else but he could also lose a game like no one else due to his awful control problems. The most dominant pitcher I've ever seen is Pedro Martinez followed distantly by Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson. I never saw Walter Johnson or Lefty Grove, I guess. I still say Pedro is the best ever.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Are we basing "dominance" on power of pitching? I only ask because I still haven't seen any pitcher since I started watching about 18 years ago dominate like Greg Maddux in his mid-to-late 90s prime. He still has the best ball control I have ever seen.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

If we're solely going on pitchers we've been alive and able to see, I'd probably have to agree with Pedro, but if we're going with guys we've also seen on video from before our time, the first name that always comes to mind when I think of "dominant" is Bob Gibson.

two quality starts from beckett and i still have him sitting on my bench. maybe i should learn from my mistakes.

I hope the Angels pitching keeps on rolling with the Yankees and Rangers coming into to town this coming week. They've been awesome since the Frieri trade. Homeboy is putting up gaudy numbers out of the pen; 23 strikeouts in 11 innings with only one hit allowed? Are you kidding me? The kid is filthy.

I'm glad that Pujols is hitting home runs. Especially since LaHair has joined the Cubs in being awful.

BTW, I'm fully rooting for the Cubs to lose 20 straight, at least. If you are going to be fucking awful, go for history. Suck all the way. I fully believe they should just call up all Triple A reserves and just quit at this point. The season was over a month ago.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I'm glad that Pujols is hitting home runs.
    Me too.

Quote Quoting soitgoes... (view post)
    Me too.
    My fantasy team requires it, even though my Pujols hate is still strong.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Bard vs Verlander tonight. Who ya got? (LOL)

The way the Tigers have been hitting? Just kidding, K-Fan. Kind of.