Page 157 of 262 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

The slow-mo shots of her attacking flying peeps are probably a flashback. There is a quick flash of the helmet on her when she's attacking Asgard as she's flipping, tho the helmet seems smaller, so who knows how it'll play out in actiony motion.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    All I know is I thought I was cooling off a bit on my lust for Blanchett, and this trailer just brought that train back into the station. Hot damn.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    The slow-mo shots of her attacking flying peeps are probably a flashback. There is a quick flash of the helmet on her when she's attacking Asgard as she's flipping, tho the helmet seems smaller, so who knows how it'll play out in actiony motion.
    It definitely is. I can see a Valkyrie in that shot.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Seriously though, this is all I'm about now:

I'd be even more into it if it didn't play as figurative castration. Haven't reached that particular kink level yet.

Judging by Hela's face, she has.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Josh Brolin cast as Cable in Deadpool 2 and three other X-Men movies to be announced.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Cool I guess. Weird that he's going to be characters in two separate Marvel universes.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Cool I guess. Weird that he's going to be characters in two separate Marvel universes.
    I'm sure this fact will be referenced in Deadpool.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's incredibly uninteresting casting.

I was really rooting for Pierce Brosnan.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

That's cute.

Oh hell yes. I love it.

Heya, so Gunn is committed to writing and directing Vol 3. So that's pretty solid.

Debated making the comment that the best thing about Marvel is bringing Gunn to the A-list. Love it. Makes me all shades of confident about GotG2.

Just read that GotG2 has FIVE mid or post credit scenes (I assume 4 and 1). Just reminded me of how sick I am of post-credit scenes. I don't bother to wait around for them anymore - I just catch them on YouTUbe when they pop up.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I hope the next MCU movie has six post credit scenes.

They should put the credits at the start like old-timey movies and then the whole thing will be post-credit scenes!
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    They should put the credits at the start like old-timey movies and then the whole thing will be post-credit scenes!
    But seriously, given how less and less autonomous these movies are becoming, I'm surprised they still bother setting up future movies in the credits. It's not like they had any qualms baking in a teaser for future movies in the middle of their stories.
    Movie Theater Diary

Producer
    DC already has Marvel beat by having Wonder Woman watch three of them during the film.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    DC already has Marvel beat by having Wonder Woman watch three of them during the film.
    That was so bizarre that Marvel should top it by having Tony Stark in Homecoming go, "Hey Peter, let me catch you up to speed on the other heroes you'll be working side by side with. Check out these highlight reels I put together." And then he just plays the actual trailers of their upcoming movies.

"...Why does it say, 'in theaters soon?'"
    "Thought we could use a little Hollywood hype. Seemed like a neat idea. Don't worry about it. Where's your aunt?"
    Movie Theater Diary

My "Logan" audience sat through the entire credits and were seriously bummed out when there was no scene at the end, even though there was no indication of one.

Admittedly, I did the same thing.

- - - - -

Discuss.

Producer
    So far there is only one critic I (selectively) follow that has a tweet about it.

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5